Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:12 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Not ready for competition but want to practice.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For those interested in IDPA/USPSA but feel you need to practice and/or at least get some trigger time while drawing and shooting and moving and all that....

The following opportunities are structured differently as each is run by different safety officers. Some will have a structured shoot (IDPA style) and/or just let you practice as you need.

Always remember if you are behind someone do not handle your firearm for whatever reason.

These are the only clubs I have found that has some sort of practice sessions...

WCA (West Coast Armory in Bellevue) holds IDPA practice sessions on a weekly basis every Tuesday 6-8pm (cost $12).
WCA Tuesday nights is $13.14 (includes tax). You do not need to be a WCA member but should arrive early for signup, and for your first time to get any questions answered. http://www.westcoastarmory.com/events/e ... onday.html

Renton Fish and Game Club in Renton starts a practice Thursday evening shoot for the warmer months (typically Spring to Fall). 6-8pm (cost $12 - members are free)

Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club in Bremerton has a Fun Steel practice every Tuesday evening around 6-8pm. Do check with them on the specifics. http://www.gunsafety.org/programs/funsteel.htm

You'll need to contact the ranges if you have any questions. Each range is different as to their setup and range limitations. Please refer to their rules for that particular range.

Know what a "cold range" means? Your firearm is completely unloaded - no round in the chamber and no magazine in the firearm. Practically every range will require you to be a cold range.

Indoor ranges also will have requirements on ammo types - no steel cased.

As for safety - no shoulder, small of back or belly/ankle holsters are allowed.

If you know of another range that holds "practice" shoots please post them with detail of where/what and cost and any other information you may have (e.g. rules, contact and what kind of shoot they let you practice).

Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"indoor ranges also will have requirements on ammo types - no steel cased."
I've shot steel case at the Marksman no problem. I love the stuff when I go to range 15 at Ft. Lewis, they have a stick with a magnet so I don't have to bend over to pick it up.

Sat May 07, 2011 2:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Every range is different.

I suggest you look at their rules and ask the range staff... To ammo type and how fast and etc..

Sat May 07, 2011 6:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]