Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:07 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 My PewPew Life 

MadPick wrote:
That looks like a lot of fun! And I'm still impressed when I see a Texas Star gets its ass kicked like that. :bigsmile:

Hehe thanks :) I love steel! I remember the first time I shot a star... but the kicking went the other way around lol

http://www.youtube.com/chewycow

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

AlphaCharis wrote:
If you do put it all in one thread, don't put the YEAR in your title like I did lol, because now "2016" is stuck in my title. haha

If you wish, you can change the thread title. Just go back to the first post in the thread and hit "edit."

I'd go with "My PewPewing Life." :thumbsup2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:36 pm

September 2-3, 2017: WA St Championship

September 10, 2017 - Paul Bunyan Series Match

September 12, 2017 - Mount Rainier Shadow
This was a fun match, and the last stage the muzzle flash shone because it was getting dark - looked pretty cool! I did pretty well except for a mike/no-shoot on the swinger that lost me the match by less than a match point! haha

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice work. You look like you were having fun!

That lighting/dark day looked to be very challenging.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:39 pm

jukk0u wrote:
Nice work. You look like you were having fun!

That lighting/dark day looked to be very challenging.

Ya! it's a ton of fun! :) The one that was getting dark wasn't too bad, I'm just glad it was one I could point shoot for the most part!

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:52 am
Profile WWW

Whoa, haven't posted in awhile!

After my last match posted I went to Nationals in St. George, Utah. I was 63% of the Production winner and 18th B Class out of 58 or 63 or something like that, and 7th Lady.

Then went on to Idaho for a last minute trip for the Idaho Sectional and picked up 3 trophies. I got 1st B Class in Production!!! and High Lady for the Low Cap Match. The first day of shooting was the high-cap match which was a disaster and had to shoot my Glock 34, but got a 3rd C Class Trophy.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats on your performance and trophies.
I love these vids. You're living the life, it seems.

This video compliments a thread on here recently about proper pistol grip. Seems you use the same principles that one of the members here showcased in a video by an "expert".

So I have a question. seems like you have what the "expert" called the "pinch grip" with your strong hand. It looks like you apply pressure to the grip with your thumb only to the last (2nd) knuckle and the tip of your thumb kind of "floats"?

second question: are your shooting glasses prescription glasses?

Really like seeing those white iron targets fall. So much more feedback when you hear the DING! and see them fall.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great video, Charis. I like the background music!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:50 am

jukk0u wrote:

This video compliments a thread on here recently about proper pistol grip. Seems you use the same principles that one of the members here showcased in a video by an "expert".

So I have a question. seems like you have what the "expert" called the "pinch grip" with your strong hand. It looks like you apply pressure to the grip with your thumb only to the last (2nd) knuckle and the tip of your thumb kind of "floats"?

Really like seeing those white iron targets fall. So much more feedback when you hear the DING! and see them fall.

jukk0u wrote:

Ya! It's been really fun! I'm looking forward to this next year, I wanna train harder and make Master :)

For grip: I think Shannon Smith's video on grip is closely what mine is - thumbs forward, hands canted forward, wrists locked. I also like Ron Avery's thought on grip as well, he goes into detail on the mechanics of how the grip works, probably videos out there. I don't like putting my hand on the front of the trigger guard like Vogel, just doesn't feel right, and with my small hands, it feels much more loose and I have much less control. I think my grip is kind of like a vice grip/pinch grip, with a front to back squeeze. I try to squeeze more with my left hand. I use pro grip on my support hand where it contacts my strong hand to help with grip. I don't think I'm really using my thumbs, though. My right thumb would be laying against the gun more if my gun's grip was thinner. I have to rotate my hand too far to be able to get it flat against the gun and then can't reach the trigger. It's also sometimes hard to fill the gap completely with my support hand because of my small hands and my strong hand not wrapping around the back as much. I'm really tempted to get a CZ or shoot single stack LOL

I have a habit of loosening up on my grip when I'm shooting, and my thumb looks really relaxed when I'm not squeezing as hard. I'm trying to break that by not cheating in dryfire. If my hands don't hurt in dryfire, I'm not gripping hard enough lol When I have proper grip my gun barely moves and love the faster follow up shots.

I'm just wearing cheap safety glasses and I wear contacts. I'm afraid to buy expensive ones cause I'm always scratching the lenses somehow.

Yes, I LOVE shooting steel, so fun :)

Thanks for watching!

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:25 pm
Profile WWW

Vision-X NIGHT MATCH!!

Had a lot of c o l d fun last weekend at the night match! The first few stages were tough with everything being out of place and it being dark.... I think I'll write all my reminders for next year in my YouTube description lol

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

That looks like a LOT of fun, and I bet everyone learned a heck of a lot too.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AlphaCharis wrote:
Vision-X NIGHT MATCH!!

Had a lot of c o l d fun last weekend at the night match! The first few stages were tough with everything being out of place and it being dark.... I think I'll write all my reminders for next year in my YouTube description lol

Good shooting! We were on the same squad. It was a good match but a long two days with the cold temps. Keep up the awesome work!

Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Awesome! You are rockin your pew pew journey!

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
Profile WWW

Yukonjon wrote:

Good shooting! We were on the same squad. It was a good match but a long two days with the cold temps. Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks! Ya! It was a LOOOOONG second day especially. I was frustrated with the spinner, but I can't imagine actually rage quitting lol It was a fun match nonetheless, and am looking forward to next year's.

SpaceRanger42 wrote:
Awesome! You are rockin your pew pew journey!

Haha thanks! it's been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to this next season!! :)

Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:41 pm
Profile WWW

It's been a great year! I've had tons of great squaddies, met some new people, shot some great matches. I was happy to see some improvement :) Looking forward to working hard and doing even better and doing well at Nationals this next year! Thanks for watching and hope to see you on the range!

Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:28 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next