Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Are examiners assigned to a region? 

In other words, is there a specific examiner that handles all of the applications from this area? And if so, who is ours?

The reason I ask is because I received my Form 1 approval this morning, but the document has the big DRAFT watermark across all the pages. I googled this and it turns out that this is a bug in their document generation software and that you just need to contact your examiner and ask them to send you a new one. The problem is I can't read the examiner's signature so I don't know who to ask for.

Last edited by Dan_93SER on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

typically there are one or two dedicated to NW, but from what I have read it's free for all currently. Just call NFA and talk to them.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Both of mine have been approved by Ted Clutter. Fairly messy signature but legible if you know what it's supposed to say.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:42 pm

It used to be alphabet, then they went to region. Now it seems almost random... which could be good or bad depending on which one you get.
Previously we were assigned Sandy Snook, then Angela was added, and then two more names I was seeing frequently but whom I can't remember now.
Some of the ones I've seen recently had a name I haven't seen before, but those were submitted by Silencer Shop, so it might be going to whomever is their examiner instead of our. Assuming it were actually still regional.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will check all my stamps and look for different sigs, but i doubt regions are assigned.
Especially since they are not approved in order or by type.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of my stamps had the same issue, I sent an email here " eforms.general.info@atf.gov ". Make sure you list your stamp number (control number?) in your email.

Reply was within 24 hours and stamp was corrected an reissued (emailed/updated) within a few days.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]