Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 DIGITAL COPIES OF TAX STAMP/GUN TRUST DOCUMENTS ?? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello all, I am starting to accumulate several NFA items that require tax stamp documents. It is my understanding that you should carry a copy of the approval form with affixed tax stamp with the respective NFA items. Should a copy of your gun trust also be in your possession ?Everything is going digital these days, actually the approval form and tax stamp for my SBR were digitally sent to me by BATFE. It seems kind of crazy to carry around the original NFA approval and gun trust documents with the NFA item, and I have been told to have a copy for inspection, but keep the originals with your other important papers.

What are peoples thoughts about have digital copies of your gun trust and NFA approval forms in pdf format on smart phones or e-tablets for quick retrieval and access for review? What is an appropriate method for this situation?

:diggin:

Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I keep paper copies of my tax stamps in my range bag. I also have electronic copies of my tax stamps and my trust in the cloud, and I can access them with my iPhone if I need to.

Who knows what is "needed" . . . but they are there, in case I ever do need them.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

copy in my PH. and a paper copy in my wallet, original in safe

Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have trustees and lifetime beneficiaries whose names are not in the trust name, so I keep copies of both the approved Form with tax stamp AND my trust with each NFA item. Why the trust copy? Because the approved Form only proves that the tax has been paid; it does not prove that the person in possession of the firearm is legally permitted to possess it. That's where the trust copy comes in. YMMV

Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Guns4Liberty wrote:
I have trustees and lifetime beneficiaries whose names are not in the trust name, so I keep copies of both the approved Form with tax stamp AND my trust with each NFA item. Why the trust copy? Because the approved Form only proves that the tax has been paid; it does not prove that the person in possession of the firearm is legally permitted to possess it. That's where the trust copy comes in. YMMV

This. You could have a PDF of each in your phone, and a paper copy in your range bag. It doesn't take much to have a copy with you so why not.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

This. You could have a PDF of each in your phone, and a paper copy in your range bag. It doesn't take much to have a copy with you so why not.

Makes sense.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]