Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Rules Brads Guns RA I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations WAC
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms LPG Pintos
Gear COUNTYLINE WCA Fortis 2A Ind.
Calendar



Forum rules


Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Cleaning Suppressors With Ultrasonic Cleaner 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Everett
Joined: Sun Apr 3, 2011
Posts: 907
Picked up an Ultrasonic Cleaner at Harbor Freight for $74.99 and some Purple Power cleaner for $5.99 at O'reilly Auto Parts.

Image

Image

I used a 50/50 mix of the Purple Power cleaner and water.

Image

After three 8 minute cycles. I did a total of six 8 minute cycles.

Image
The finished product!!!
Image

Image

***IF YOU HAVE ALUMINUM BAFFLES DO NOT USE AN ULTRASONIC CLEANER***

_________________
My Videos

.308, Because people hide behind cars.

never_to_much wrote:
Yeadon You need to change your sig line to 338 because people hide behind concrete walls.


Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:54 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Spooning your mom all over Kitsap
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011
Posts: 5873
Real Name: *Classified*
No scrubbing what so ever? Or minimal scrubbing after?

_________________
Think a woman might be grateful when I hold a door open for her?

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"


"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."


Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:59 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 31739
Real Name: Steve
Great post!

Forty-eight minutes (six 8-minute cycles) is a loooong time in an ultrasonic cleaner, relative to what most folks do for average gun parts. Do you think it really took that long to get it clean? Or were you just "making sure"?

I'm just curious. I don't own a suppressor, and don't know anything about cleaning them.

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:01 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Everett
Joined: Sun Apr 3, 2011
Posts: 907
SIG556 wrote:
No scrubbing what so ever? Or minimal scrubbing after?


Minimal scrubbing after.

MadPick wrote:
Great post!

Forty-eight minutes (six 8-minute cycles) is a loooong time in an ultrasonic cleaner, relative to what most folks do for average gun parts. Do you think it really took that long to get it clean? Or were you just "making sure"?

I'm just curious. I don't own a suppressor, and don't know anything about cleaning them.


First time trying it so I probable over killed it.

_________________
My Videos

.308, Because people hide behind cars.

never_to_much wrote:
Yeadon You need to change your sig line to 338 because people hide behind concrete walls.


Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:06 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 31739
Real Name: Steve
Yeadon wrote:
First time trying it so I probable over killed it.


:lol:

I know the feeling . . . I remember when I got mine, I was looking around for ANYTHING that I could try in it! It's a good thing that I didn't own a cat at the time. jestera

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:11 pm
Profile
Online
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 31417
Real Name: Dan
MadPick wrote:
I know the feeling . . . I remember when I got mine, I was looking around for ANYTHING that I could try in it! It's a good thing that I didn't own a cat at the time. jestera


I still look... Each time I break mine out (BTW - Same one as you Yeadon), I try and find more stuff to clean..


Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Maple Valley, WA
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011
Posts: 6885
Real Name: Young
MadPick wrote:
It's a good thing that I didn't own a cat at the time.


Is that why you don't have a cat now jestera :lol:

I won't tell Tera or Shannon... just between us (internet and everyone else but them). :lol:


:kewlpics: He even has the WaGuns Hat positioned so well for product placement. Nice!

_________________
"Shoot Often, Shoot Safely and Share Your Sport!"
Jim Scoutten, Shooting USA


Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:28 pm
Profile
Founding Father
User avatar
Founding Father

Location: Woodinville
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 4580
If you give that bad boy 10 minutes or so to get nice and hot it cleans a lot better. Simple Green and Oxy Clean work great also. You can run aluminum in the ultra sonic cleaner but be very careful what cleaner you use as it will eat the anodizing. For aluminum shit I use just plain dish soap in the ultra sonic. Is there a reason not to clean the aluminum suppressor baffles in an ultra sonic?

_________________
"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."


Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:34 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: killa Cali
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011
Posts: 1671
Real Name: jay
With Purple power not sure if you needed a cleaner that stuff is Great at cleaning caked on oil on motors. A used car salemans Idea of a leak free motor.

_________________
better to ask the wife for forgiveness than ask for permission! rule 1 for a good husband lol

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!


Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:37 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Everett
Joined: Sun Apr 3, 2011
Posts: 907
oldkim wrote:
:kewlpics: He even has the WaGuns Hat positioned so well for product placement. Nice!


I thought M.D. would pick that up first. :lol:

_________________
My Videos

.308, Because people hide behind cars.

never_to_much wrote:
Yeadon You need to change your sig line to 338 because people hide behind concrete walls.


Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:29 pm
Profile
Online
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 31417
Real Name: Dan
Yeadon wrote:
oldkim wrote:
:kewlpics: He even has the WaGuns Hat positioned so well for product placement. Nice!


I thought M.D. would pick that up first. :lol:


Off my game... Baffle Porn caught me off guard.


Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 31739
Real Name: Steve
Damn, I didn't see it either . . . we're losing it, Dan!

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:28 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons UPAMMO


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 1.117s | 18 Queries | GZIP : On ]