Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Form 1 as an individual 

Attachment:
ccell9.png
I finished 10/22 80% receiver as a pistol . And I want a suppressor, I have the 10/22 5 in barrel and want a suppressor tube I think about 10in integral with a 1in tube. now the hard part is do I do the standard k baffles or a mono-core. Or do I need to make 1.125 tube that will screw on with freeze plugs? what have you done. and would you do it again if you do your next one and why, like you do not have a lathe. How do they sound compared to name brand suppressor. How about a SBR 10/22. here are some picture I found on the web. if these are yours pictures let know and I will give you credit or removed them. storage tubes amazon

Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I building a form 1 d cell tube from sdta tactical arms for 5.56. I will be using stainless steel freeze plugs and a forming tool to give them a cone style shape.

A mono core for one of those tubes would be awesome

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:30 pm

I do like the mono-core design. I would like to find some one with the Gemtech mist to compare to my Gemtech 22lr silencer.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the first pic, you will never find those monocores. crossman came out with them but the atf quickly slapped them down and contacted everyone who bought one and had them surrender them.

ive made a 9mm out of the solvent trap cups in the second picture. they work okay but its also with a sdta "D" cell tube so theres a lot of volume in there.if youre just making it for the 10/22, i would go with roninpro for their kits. i pick up one of the first gen "D" cell kits for a 45 form 1 i got in a month before 41fuckyoupeasants went through. the second gen kits look even better but a little more price wise.

this would work perfect for the 10/22:
https://www.roninpro.com/collections/ri ... long-gen-2

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:23 pm

I will be doing a form 1 to make one. am trying to decide which way to go, I can machine a mono-core, if that is what I decide to do. I have a little time to come with some thing. just would like a little input.

Greg

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if you can machine it yourself, i would go with making one that id similar to the first pic if you can. otherwise, a encapsulated baffle stack like the spectre II would do great.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]