Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Ronin Pro? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've recently become more interested in the idea of a form 1 suppressor build, but don't have the tools/experience to mill/machine/weld one. I ran across this website: http://www.roninpro.com offering "solvent trap" parts and was wondering if anyone has any experience using pre-made parts for their form 1 builds? I'd heard of oil filter solvent traps before but had never seen machined parts like these before. So, any thoughts from the forum?

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:52 am

Another place with similar products.

http://sdtacticalarms.com

Both you can complete with some basic tools and access to a drill press.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

im building a 45 can using the ronin pro kit. i was really impressed with the finish and fit when it came. my only complaint is that they dont offer a shorter "D" cell version than what i got. my 9mm build, was a combination of sd tactical titanium parts and maglite cups from amazon made by jmpf. if the only thing you have is a drill press, you can make your baffles just fine. mine turned out nice with just a drill press. if you need help, hit me up.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dj_fatstyles wrote:
im building a 45 can using the ronin pro kit. i was really impressed with the finish and fit when it came. my only complaint is that they dont offer a shorter "D" cell version than what i got. my 9mm build, was a combination of sd tactical titanium parts and maglite cups from amazon made by jmpf. if the only thing you have is a drill press, you can make your baffles just fine. mine turned out nice with just a drill press. if you need help, hit me up.

The Ronin Pro products look to be of high quality as well as having more aesthetic appeal than many DIY cans. How is the performance of your 9mm can? Also, do the Ronin parts fit together snugly (specifically baffles to the inside of the tube). Some reading I did online seemed to indicate there wasn't a tight fit between the baffles and the inside wall of the tube. Lastly, did you get all stainless baffles or a combination of the stainless and aluminum?

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]