Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Spikes integrally suppressed 9mm 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett, Lynnwood at various times
http://www.silencershop.com/gear/firear ... cluse.html

Single tax stamp gun.

Oh yeah :thumbsup2: :inlove:

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:26 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I'm curious how you get the baffles out once they get dirty, since its not a monocore and there doesn't appear to be a way to push them out (since the baffle needs a bigger bore than the barrel).

Life isn't about the money you make, the car you drive, the house you live in or being the CEO of a company. Life is about enjoying each day, experiencing everything the world has to offer you and when the day comes, standing at your makers door fully satisfied with what you did with the little bit of sand that was put in your hourglass.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett, Lynnwood at various times
The mad scientist wrote:
I'm curious how you get the baffles out once they get dirty, since its not a monocore and there doesn't appear to be a way to push them out (since the baffle needs a bigger bore than the barrel).

My guess is that the end cap comes off with the tool that is provided. The baffle stack then just drops out.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

guncruiser wrote:
The mad scientist wrote:

My guess is that the end cap comes off with the tool that is provided. The baffle stack then just drops out.

In theory, yes, they should drop out. In practice, they get so caked with build-up that they get stuck in place and have to be "encouraged" to come out. My TiRANT 9 baffles have to be pushed out with a wooden dowel after running only 1 or 2 boxes through it.

If they don't drop out easily, I'm guessing you could remove the end cap, stick a tool with a hooked tip back behind the blast baffle, and then pull the whole stack out. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:11 am

guncruiser wrote:
The mad scientist wrote:

LOL! The only baffles that "drop out" are the ones that haven't been used. FWIW - I've already dropped about 10K rounds through a 9mm multimount and other than being dirty it keeps running, suppressing, keeping sh*t quiet. Probably overall a non-issue so buy it and let us know how it works out!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Meh. It's a spikes tactical gun.... So it's 2-3 Times the price of anyone else who would make one.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]