Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Back orders at the Silencer Shop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In case you were eager to buy that next suppressor, the Silencer Shop http://silencershop.com/ can place SOME out of stock items on back order. Only by phone, not through the website!
Yes, you have to pay now and wait even longer, but you'll be in line...

For one of these, perhaps like I did:
Rugged Obsidian 45

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Mon May 16, 2016 2:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You won't be "in line" to beat the clock on 41p/41f until your Form 4 hits the mail...sorry, you there's no way you could convince me to tie my money up like that with the deadline looming.

Mon May 16, 2016 2:26 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Benja455 wrote:
You won't be "in line" to beat the clock on 41p/41f until your Form 4 hits the mail...sorry, you there's no way you could convince me to tie my money up like that with the deadline looming.

Well, it might be the only chance you have if you really want a specific silencer, and you want to beat the deadline.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon May 16, 2016 2:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Benja455 wrote:

Well, it might be the only chance you have if you really want a specific silencer, and you want to beat the deadline.

But there's no commitment on their part to beat the deadline...you'll notice they have a completely different marketing campaign for that.

You'll notice that it has to be in stock.

Mon May 16, 2016 2:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This thread has NOTHING to do with 41F.
I have noticed several folks asking about where to get various popular suppressors, which seem to always out of stock.

This is one way to make sure you are in line to get one.
Yes, you pay upfront and may have an extra month or two to wait. So what, you'll loose maybe 2-3 dollars of interest that the bank might have given you...

Mon May 16, 2016 3:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
I have noticed several folks asking about where to get various popular suppressors, which seem to always out of stock.

Yes, you pay upfront and may have an extra month or two to wait. So what, you'll loose maybe 2-3 dollars of interest that the bank might have given you...

Tell it like it is ,Brother... :ballchain:

You have to pay the cost to be the Boss... :bow:

Strong consideration over here but you had to post the Rugged Obsidian 45 I want, just because I PM'd you about it.. I really dislike you... :ROFLMAO:

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Mon May 16, 2016 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you guys realize that youll still be able to buy silencers after 41f(uckyou) goes into effect. and without the cleo signoff bullshit, it might be a little easier for us in king and pierce county. ohhh noes a couple photographs and fingerprints[/sarcasm] its not the end of the NFA world guys.

Mon May 16, 2016 5:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SFCRMSA wrote:
Isildur wrote:

Tell it like it is ,Brother... :ballchain:

You have to pay the cost to be the Boss... :bow:

Strong consideration over here but you had to post the Rugged Obsidian 45 I want, just because I PM'd you about it.. I really dislike you... :ROFLMAO:

Sorry Marco, hate to be the guy that spends your money for you, ya know... :bigsmile:

Mon May 16, 2016 6:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dj_fatstyles wrote:
you guys realize that youll still be able to buy silencers after 41f(uckyou) goes into effect. and without the cleo signoff bullshit, it might be a little easier for us in king and pierce county. ohhh noes a couple photographs and fingerprints[/sarcasm] its not the end of the NFA world guys.

True dat.

But I'm personally more worried about getting my NFA stuff sorted out, processed, and in my hands before the idiot (either one) takes office next January.

Hence my buying spree of late. :AR15firing: :alcapone:

Mon May 16, 2016 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:

Indeed, but for folks with multiple individuals on their trust (which is most people), they need to know that it is unlikely they will make the 41p/41f deadline if they are waiting in line for an out of stock suppressor.

The hassle of getting wives, brothers, fathers, uncles and best friends all fingerprinted and photographed is not something some people have the time, money or patience for...not to mention, what happens if you're still waiting and Hillary comes into office? Unlike the deal I posted above, they aren't giving you a real timeline...you could be waiting for a long time if you select a really popular suppressor.

dj_fatstyles wrote:

See above.

Mon May 16, 2016 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SO..... getting a trust isn't worth it anymore?

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Mon May 16, 2016 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:

Having a trust allows you to put persons other than yourself on the trust, who can then possess the trust owned NFA items.
No trust, then an individual owns the NFA item, so if your wife and/or girlfriend takes your suppressor out for a day at the range without you, felonies be happenin'.

Mon May 16, 2016 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gentleman,
lets be positive....How the heck do I get my hands on a Rugged Obsidian 45.... :reaction:

That is the real problem at hand :facepalm2:

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Mon May 16, 2016 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
danoh wrote:

Having a trust allows you to put persons other than yourself on the trust, who can then possess the trust owned NFA items.
No trust, then an individual owns the NFA item, so if your wife and/or girlfriend takes your suppressor out for a day at the range without you, felonies be happenin'.

Correct! It also allows you to protect your privacy right now (not so much in the future). With that said, a trust is also an easy way to pass down your NFA (and non-NFA) items (or their monetary value) after your death or incapacitation.

Mon May 16, 2016 8:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, thanks. I'll get it done.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Mon May 16, 2016 8:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next