Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:32 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Looking at possibilities for a SBR 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Russians put a 23mm cannon on a space station. http://www.popularmechanics.com/militar ... ce-cannon/

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But, they're Russian.
Do I need to explain this?

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett, Lynnwood at various times
bhpdrew wrote:
Some clones are economical... but I am leery of their quality.

The new Zenith clones are good to go. I have one and love it :thumbsup2:

Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:30 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Just because I haven't given them a plug this month,
http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_6_48/403425_Comparison__Just_RIght_Carbine_to_TNW_Aero_Survial_Rifle.html

To 'build' yer SBR, you could either:
a) buy an ASP and add a stock (after swapping out the buffer tube, of course), or
b) buy an ASR and an ASP 8" barrel (it's interchangeable and is available threaded from the factory). They don't advertise a factory-made SBR, but maybe they would make one on a Form 4 purchase. Their selection of calibers is getting pretty impressive:

If I had OPM, I'd be looking at a .45 ASR-based SBR; until then, I'm really enjoying my ASP 9mm.

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bhpdrew wrote:
Some clones are economical... but I am leery of their quality.

Agreed. Although if it makes any difference, a friend who is an unapologetic HK fanboy has had tremendous luck with the latest Zenith MKE copies. For $1500 or whatever they are now, they're pretty cool.

Only real "bad" thing about that platform is the rollers and preventative maintenance as time goes on. Although, how much trouble they will actually give in a quality weapon is debatable.

I went with a SIG 553 and a 553 clone in 5.56 because I like the look. They run, are quality actual Swiss Arms weapons and/or built using Swiss or quality US parts and run fairly reliably. They do blow a lot of gas with a suppressor and in 5.56 are pretty loud even suppressed, but again, an SBR for me is a for-life choice and having a gun that I enjoy looking at, fondling, and shooting was imperative, so I settled on the SIG/SAN/Swiss Arms. Very happy.

The street price for a clone is around $1200-1500 and for the "real thing" about $2,800.

If only they had a 9mm version. Not big on the XI or the MPX versions. Too "AR" for me, and personally for a for-life weapon, newer Sig quality control has me uneasy.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3