Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Who to use for a trust 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m just glancing through google , curious if anyone has used nationalguntrust.com ? Or who you recommended, if there is anyone local who could process a gun trust for an individual?

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

2 Corinthians 4:16
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you want a trust solely for an NFA item or two, the SilencerShop one is pretty simple.

If you want a *real* trust to hold not only NFA items, but real property, assets, et al--talk to a 2A friendly attorney. Dennis Brislawn is pretty good. https://nwgunlawgroup.com/dennis-brislawn/

Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:46 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

CQBgopher wrote:
If you want a trust solely for an NFA item or two, the SilencerShop one is pretty simple.

If you want a *real* trust to hold not only NFA items, but real property, assets, et al--talk to a 2A friendly attorney. Dennis Brislawn is pretty good. https://nwgunlawgroup.com/dennis-brislawn/

+1 for nwgunlawgroup. I attended the waguns trust lunch years ago and purchased one of their trusts. It’s nice knowing you have the support of a local attorney backing your trust.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
CQBgopher wrote:

+1 for nwgunlawgroup. I attended the waguns trust lunch years ago and purchased one of their trusts. It’s nice knowing you have the support of a local attorney backing your trust.

Yessir at the pizza place in Kent! Keith Wells is the other half of NWLGG. Didn’t want to leave him out.

Both good peoples.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do have a single shot unlimited trust through SilencerShop , that I used for both my cans . Can I use that same trust to do form1 sbrs ? I was under the assumption that their trust was just for suppressors since as far as I know that’s all they sell is suppressors and accessories. Am I incorrect?

Also what is the nwgunlawgroup charge roughly ? Just trying to see if it’s in my price range or not prior to calling ! Thanks !

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Daveygravey89 wrote:
I do have a single shot unlimited trust through SilencerShop , that I used for both my cans . Can I use that same trust to do form1 sbrs ? I was under the assumption that their trust was just for suppressors since as far as I know that’s all they sell is suppressors and accessories. Am I incorrect?

Also what is the nwgunlawgroup charge roughly ? Just trying to see if it’s in my price range or not prior to calling ! Thanks !

I have two suppressors on Single Shot trust through SS also. But they are limited strictly to the single item listed for original purchase. We wound up upgrading to their regular trust for additional purchases.

Looking forward to purchasing a CGS Mod 9 and CGS Siren later this year.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Daveygravey89 wrote:

NW has all the prices listed on their site. You do it all online no need to talk to anyone you print it out same day if I remember right.

I did just see on their site that if you bought a trust prior to 2019 you need to pay $50 to update it? Does anyone know what the hell that is about?

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Daveygravey89 wrote:

I have two suppressors on Single Shot trust through SS also. But they are limited strictly to the single item listed for original purchase. We wound up upgrading to their regular trust for additional purchases.

Looking forward to purchasing a CGS Mod 9 and CGS Siren later this year.

I did the single shot unlimited . So I used the same one for both cans and I verified that that same one because it’s unlimited version I would just keep using that one for any cans I buy from them in the future !

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nw gun group looks like the way to go but that’s a good chunk of cash so I will have to save up . Personal experience is it worth the extra cash over other website routes ?

Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:39 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Bennngeeee wrote:
Daveygravey89 wrote:

NW has all the prices listed on their site. You do it all online no need to talk to anyone you print it out same day if I remember right.

I did just see on their site that if you bought a trust prior to 2019 you need to pay $50 to update it? Does anyone know what the hell that is about?

Interesting, I’ll have to look into that. I just used my trust from them for 2 form 1 sbr’s. Quite literally approved days ago. Wonder what the issue is?

Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Bennngeeee wrote:
Daveygravey89 wrote:

Interesting, I’ll have to look into that. I just used my trust from them for 2 form 1 sbr’s. Quite literally approved days ago. Wonder what the issue is?

It has to do with ATF Rule 41F. However, when I called about it, they said it was going to cost me the full amount of a Silver Trust ($400) to change, so I said screw that. ATF apparently doesn't care or doesn't notice because I have used my trust after 41F to secure tax stamps, so I see no need to upgrade.

Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:29 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Bennngeeee wrote:
Daveygravey89 wrote:

It has to do with ATF Rule 41F. However, when I called about it, they said it was going to cost me the full amount of a Silver Trust ($400) to change, so I said screw that. ATF apparently doesn't care or doesn't notice because I have used my trust after 41F to secure tax stamps, so I see no need to upgrade.

Copy that. Thanks for the heads up!

Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:08 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, I haven't upgraded my silver trust either, and I've had a couple of tax stamps approved.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Bennngeeee wrote:
Daveygravey89 wrote:

41F didn't change trust laws. Your trust is still valid. What it did do is change who is considered a responsible person and what info needs to be submitted when applying for a form 1/4. It got rid of trusts as sole entities and required the RPs of the trust to submit data

For me it's just me and my wife. When I bought my M203 she freaked out a little. Thought I bought a machine gun in her name. Once I explained the process she was ok with it. Pictures and fingerprints for both of us and I (we) get a grenade launcher

Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

RocketScott wrote:
For me it's just me and my wife. When I bought my M203 she freaked out a little. Thought I bought a machine gun in her name.

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I've offered to put my gf on my trust and she has declined. Guess she doesn't want to be on that list. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next