Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:46 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 People cant keep their mouths shut 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We as gun owners are our own worst enemy's . We shoot our selves in the foot all the time. 41P is because people kept bringing attrition to the Trust thing until it got on the radar. Then this form 1 BS is because people can live with a good thing and have to keep bugging the ATF . We had form 1's getting cleared but everyone is so smart. About 10 years ago WA state pulled all AWO shot guns for a wile because some jackass had to try and push the limits of who can build one and asked stupid questions. If we have a good thing going shut the F#%& up. Find your self a good class3 SOT and they can answer your questions

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1... Add the sig brace debacle to the list too.

Divided we fall.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tell me how you really feel felon? lol :peep: :4couple:

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marine3%er wrote:
If we have a good thing going shut the F#%& up. Find your self a good class3 SOT and they can answer your questions

:plusone:

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:02 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:03 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

dagamore wrote:
There Are Four Lights!
that right there is funny, Capt.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

because when the speed limit is 50 people drive at 60 and when it is raised to 60 they will instead drive at 70...

human nature...

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being sneaky isn't for everyone. When it comes to gun rights, some folks don't like the idea of 'getting away with it'. They'd rather face it head on.

In general, I'm a "don't invite the man into your life" kind of guy, but I understand the other side.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would not call it being sneaky if it is with in the law. You can see what asking too many questions gets us. If 41P go's through have fun with the year + wait even if your in a area that the LEO will sign off . If you live in Seattle good luck. Then everyone will be bitching that it takes 6 months for the LEO then 6-8 more to get the Stamp back.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

marine3%er

:plusone:

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Marine3%er wrote:
If 41P go's through have fun with the year + wait even if your in a area that the LEO will sign off . If you live in Seattle good luck. Then everyone will be bitching that it takes 6 months for the LEO then 6-8 more to get the Stamp back.

I hate to say it, but having a few CLEO's refusing to sign off would be a beautiful court case. Not just a "right delayed", but this would be a flat out "right denied". One that would also show the redundancy and insanity around the whole NFA process. It could take us a step further to reforming the entire NFA process, and might I say.... abolish parts of it?

That being said, I also wish that 41p would just go die in a hole....

Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:24 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Marine3%er wrote:
If 41P go's through have fun with the year + wait even if your in a area that the LEO will sign off . If you live in Seattle good luck. Then everyone will be bitching that it takes 6 months for the LEO then 6-8 more to get the Stamp back.

I hate to say it, but having a few CLEO's refusing to sign off would be a beautiful court case. Not just a "right delayed", but this would be a flat out "right denied". One that would also show the redundancy and insanity around the whole NFA process. It could take us a step further to reforming the entire NFA process, and might I say.... abolish parts of it?

+ 1

Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:50 am

Massivedesign wrote:
Marine3%er wrote:

As long as they (CLEO) is not under a statuary requirement to respond to the Form1/4 they can just keep saying they are under review/processing, and as long as they dont give a denial, it would be hard to bring grounds for a suit, because you have not been denied. I know more than a few places play that sort of game with CPL in other states/places.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marine3%er wrote:
I would not call it being sneaky if it is with in the law. You can see what asking too many questions gets us. If 41P go's through have fun with the year + wait even if your in a area that the LEO will sign off . If you live in Seattle good luck. Then everyone will be bitching that it takes 6 months for the LEO then 6-8 more to get the Stamp back.

A. the current Form1 SBR issue was the fault of a WA DOL employee contacting ATF on their own without their agency's backing, not the public asking questions about the legality.

B. 41P only applies to new acquisitions but Trusts correct? It doesn't apply to LLC/LLP/Corps or other legal entities that aren't Trusts ? Maintaining a Corp or an LLC is a bit more of a hassle but it's not anymore difficult then paying taxes or filing Form 1 and Form 4s.

I dont want 41P to become law, but it's not the end of the world if it does.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:00 pm

NWRed wrote:
B. 41P only applies to new acquisitions but Trusts correct? It doesn't apply to LLC/LLP/Corps or other legal entities that aren't Trusts ? Maintaining a Corp or an LLC is a bit more of a hassle but it's not anymore difficult then paying taxes or filing Form 1 and Form 4s.

Wrong. 41P applies to all legal entities, such as an LLC or Corp, not just trusts. http://www.nfafa.org/atf41p.cfm

And it depends on the state as to how easy or cost effective maintaining a Corp. Within the last few years, the fine people of Oregon decided it wasnt fair that all evil corporations weren't paying taxes, including the ones with no profits or were running at a loss. So they created a minimum corporate tax. So now if you have a corporation in Oregon just for your NFA goodies, that doesnt make a profit, you have to pay the minimum corporate tax. The only way to get out of it is to create a trust and pay $200 a pop to transfer your NFA items into a trust or to an individual.

41P is a solution in search of a problem. It's already illegal to transfer or give a firearm, NFA or not, to a restricted person. Setting up a trust to do so should be prosecuted like any other straw purchase. This was one of the points I made when I submitted comments to the ATF.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next