Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Put this together... comments welcome!

http://www.preciseshooter.com/blog/PriceGuide.aspx

Re: Pricing your gun for sale

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Nice choice of SKS photo.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:37 pm

olydemon wrote:Nice choice of SKS photo.

:thumbsup2:

Wow, you spent a lot of time writing that up . . . kudos to you, solyanik.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Great information, and lots of good points. But it seems as though you haven't been watching the WTS boards on the big three local sites. There, Glocks sell for a million dollars, 10/22 are flying out the windows at $400 a pop, and AR's are a bargin at $1200.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:08 pm

I am still appalled that Mosins actually have value.......

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey, where are those $600-$850 used glocks at?

Great write up. I wish I knew half of that information. You should post it as a sticky here.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:30 pm

The only thing I would change is in the SKS category. North Korean SKS's are RARE..and I mean RARE. If You are even able to find a complete matching one...$2-$4,000 depending on condition( only 2 known to be in the US with a collector in Maine). Also North Viet Namese will set You back about the same( only about 100 known bring backs. Some were classified as Russian. Look for a one in a star, and the serial number begins with 62,63,64, and one known 65(i own the one known 65). They were only made for 3 years and I can tell You, with a DD form 603 and DD Form 603-1(more commonly know as bring back papers), they will fly out the door at that price. I have sold 4 in the last 3 years and wish I had collected more.
Not debating Your numbers, I just have sold and am on the lookout for these particular firearms...

Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:04 am

I would also say in the AK section you left off the China stuff. Was that intentional? I know the PolyTech and other Norinco's are highly regarded as good guns.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:20 am

Wow, that's a great write up! Do you have any issues with us making this a Sticky in certain areas of the site?

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:56 am

Massivedesign wrote:Wow, that's a great write up! Do you have any issues with us making this a Sticky in certain areas of the site?

Of course not! I would be honored...

Mohawk13 wrote:The only thing I would change is in the SKS category. North Korean SKS's are RARE..and I mean RARE. If You are even able to find a complete matching one...$2-$4,000 depending on condition( only 2 known to be in the US with a collector in Maine). Also North Viet Namese will set You back about the same( only about 100 known bring backs. Some were classified as Russian. Look for a one in a star, and the serial number begins with 62,63,64, and one known 65(i own the one known 65). They were only made for 3 years and I can tell You, with a DD form 603 and DD Form 603-1(more commonly know as bring back papers), they will fly out the door at that price. I have sold 4 in the last 3 years and wish I had collected more.
Not debating Your numbers, I just have sold and am on the lookout for these particular firearms...

Thank you for your comment - changes made, I'll push them out in a few minutes.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Got a request to bump it... so bump :-).

Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:14 pm

Bottom line, a firearm is worth what someone is willing to pay. Be it 500 over retail or hundreds under. The prices in most gunshops on the coast are quite a bit more than on the same firearm in Central WA.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Moved to GFD and sticky'd!

Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:18 pm

I price my stuff for twice of what I sell them for. Or is that, I price them at half of what I paid for them. I always get it mixed up.
I run a non-profit organization. :crybaby:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Just came from vacation in MT. I expected it to be a gun heaven, but found very few interesting deals. One Enfield for $230 at a pawn shop that was semi-interesting. The prices were in fact a lot less than what I observed around here, however. For instance, a (well) used Sig P226 for $450 - I've seen the same in worse condition for $800 at Wade's.

Got 3 guns from Cabela's in Idaho, however - a C96 Mauser (no rifling left, otherwise nice shape, and almost number matching) for $430, a Springfield 1863 converted to trapdoor for $340 (rusty though, but complete and numbers-matching), and a $100 Marlin 22.
Post a reply