Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Introducing Blade 2.0 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?p=3628

Quote:
Blade 2.0 features a slim, low-profile design and a steel adjustment lever for changing the position of the pistol stabilizer on the buffer tube with just a finger.

:drool:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ohhh I like

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

is the hole in the back plugged? Only reason I see a need for 2.0.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The strap loop on top of the 1.0 was annoying, but easily removed.

Another annoying feature was the WIDTH of the sling loops; Magpul and other slings are slightly wider than the slots provided. Again, easily corrected with a hack saw blade and file but annoying to have to do it.

The 2.0 doesn't seem to have the meat around the sling slot so that enlargement of the slot can be made without weakening it.

Phase 5 makes a butt-plug for the SB15 that, since it plugs a hole the same diameter (the diameter of a receiver extension) should work on the Blade.

http://phase5wsi.com/sb15-accessory-plug.html

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

about time, though it also looks like it uses a standard buffer tube more proprietary kak crap

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:48 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Quote:
............. Injection-molder of high-strength glass-reinforced polymer, the Blade 2.0 assures durability.

Did they have 'durability' issues with version 1.0?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

......and I just placed an order for the regular blade this morning for a pistol lower I'm throwing together while I wait for the Gear Head Works mod 2 to be back in stock.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Somebody call Wesley Snipes!

Sent from my Y538 using Tapatalk

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Oh look another stock that the stupid ass atf says isn't a stock. Gun rules are so fucking stupid. Abolish the nfa bullshit

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Quote:
............. Injection-molder of high-strength glass-reinforced polymer, the Blade 2.0 assures durability.

Did they have 'durability' issues with version 1.0?

I have the 1.0 on an AR-9 and it's great. The advantage of the 2.0 is the adjustable length without an Allen wrench. Cool thing about the KAK blades is the ability to adjust for length, the SIG brace doesn't have that.

We all have different forearm lengths, right? :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool, I like it. I've got several of the 1.0 versions on AR and Glock pistols, but an adjustable version sounds even better.

I don't get the concern about a plug for the back of it though. Why does anyone care, and what am I missing?

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
Cool, I like it. I've got several of the 1.0 versions on AR and Glock pistols, but an adjustable version sounds even better.

I don't get the concern about a plug for the back of it though. Why does anyone care, and what am I missing?

The 1.0 version is adjustable but I doubt that anyone carries the correct allen wrench around with them to adjust on the spot.
Enter 2.0 and now you have the equivalent of a plain old adjustable carbine stock. :thumbsup2:
1) press lever
2) pull out to desired length to use
3) press lever
4) shove the stock back down to fit into short case

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Correct, the original is adjustable but not "on the fly" adjustable. I set all mine to a length that works and leave them there, but will probably make use of the adjustment lever on the 2.0

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you get a butt-plug for the 1.0 you could store the wrench and/or batteries or whatever there.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Yondering wrote:

The 1.0 version is adjustable but I doubt that anyone carries the correct allen wrench around with them to adjust on the spot.
Enter 2.0 and now you have the equivalent of a plain old adjustable carbine stock. :thumbsup2:
1) press lever
2) pull out to desired length to use
3) press lever
4) shove the stock back down to fit into short case

I just realized this myself..........

It's adjustable (the LOP) with the press of a finger folks!!!!

Just like the SBA3 (but probably better)!

Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next