Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 NRA Reports that the Trigger Device Ban has Passed Committee 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It will be in front of your legislators for their debate and vote.

Time to gear up and let them know to vote against it:

https://act.nraila.org/default.aspx

"Senate Bill 5992, sponsored by Senator Kevin Van De Wege (D-24), mirrors federal legislation proposed by anti-gun California U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA). This bill would make it a crime to knowingly possess a firearm accessory or any other device, part or combination of parts that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm. The broad and overreaching provisions in SB 5992 could potentially criminalize firearm modifications such as competition triggers, muzzle brakes, and ergonomic changes that are commonly done by law-abiding gun owners to make their firearms more suitable for self-defense, competition, hunting, or even overcoming disability."

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wrote to Sen Keith Wagoner to oppose this bill

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

done

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Done.

Here's what to do:

1) Go here: https://act.nraila.org/default.aspx
2) Scroll down, click the state of Washington
3) Click the alert about the trigger modification, go from there.

IT'S EASY. PLEASE DO IT!!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
done

Respectfully, while I applaud your use of the contact form, or however you chose to contact your senator and/or representatives this evening, it is very important for us to engage these people in conversation and become very familiar.

The anti's send people to Olympia to visit these folks in their offices, get to know them and become known to them. We must do the same.

That means phone calls, in-person visits, email, more phone calls and email, another visit... you get the picture.

MaPi (I think) said today in the "What you want" thread, that he was tired of all of this and wanted it to finally be over... sadly, the defense of liberty is a process like shaving or taking your daily BM. It's not ever "done", and while it stinks or is tiresome it is unavoidable.

Keep writing and calling. Like Billy Idol once said (who?!) "Too much is never enough"

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
AR15L wrote:
done

Respectfully, while I applaud your use of the contact form, or however you chose to contact your senator and/or representatives this evening, it is very important for us to engage these people in conversation and become very familiar.

The anti's send people to Olympia to visit these folks in their offices, get to know them and become known to them. We must do the same.

That means phone calls, in-person visits, email, more phone calls and email, another visit... you get the picture.

MaPi (I think) said today in the "What you want" thread, that he was tired of all of this and wanted it to finally be over... sadly, the defense of liberty is a process like shaving or taking your daily BM. It's not ever "done", and while it stinks or is tiresome it is unavoidable.

Keep writing and calling. Like Billy Idol once said (who?!) "Too much is never enough"

Phil Fortunato is my go to guy. I talk with him at the gun shows. Not much more to say.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This might be our red herring.

Don't go too far against it, without knowing where the others sit. We want to make sure we dont completely alienate those on the fence. We have a long fight this year.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:

Don't go too far against it, without knowing where the others sit. We want to make sure we dont completely alienate those on the fence. We have a long fight this year.

Agreed. Let’s spend our energy fighting off AWB crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

edogg wrote:
root wrote:

I get it ... but is this essentially saying that if we just give them this little piece of the gun control cake, they’ll let us keep the rest?

That’s what I think it is.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:59 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

To illustrate:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Done. While I'm reasonably sure Dhingra will happily vote for it, at least she'll know some of her constituents are against it. Who knows, if enough of us write her, maybe she'll actually consider from our point of view. Not holding my breath, but we'll see.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
edogg wrote:
root wrote:

I get it ... but is this essentially saying that if we just give them this little piece of the gun control cake, they’ll let us keep the rest?

That’s what I think it is.

I'd like to also repeat what was in the NRA release: The language in this is so broad that it could be construed to include: ugraded/drop in triggers and brakes and whatever else they deem might increase the rate of fire.

#resisttyranny

FJB

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeCYBlWgQOP

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In addition to the state measures there are several FEDERAL level bans in the works. Your fight is on two fronts.

HR3999 outlaws trigger mods to increase the rate of fire. This one brought to you by two lame duck Republicans. :frust:

S1916 is a bump-fire stock ban with similar language on triggers and HR3947.

All of these appear to have the same language. Throw as much shit against the wall and see what sticks.

FJB

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
I'd like to also repeat what was in the NRA release: The language in this is so broad that it could be construed to include: ugraded/drop in triggers and brakes and whatever else they deem might increase the rate of fire.

#resisttyranny

And I'd also like to repeat what was in the NRA release following the Las Vegas massacre:

And now that they're getting the additional regulation they asked for, they're saying they're opposed to it. What a crock.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next