Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 ATF Notifying Proposed Rulemaking - Bump Fire etc 
Site Admin
Site Admin

https://blog.princelaw.com/2017/12/21/a ... r-devices/
Quote:
Tomorrow, ATF will publish an Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking regarding the application of the definition of machinegun to “Bump Fire” stocks and other similar devices. As many have feared, it appears that the regulatory agency is soliciting feedback as to whether bump fire stocks, binary triggers, etc., fit within the definition of machinegun.

I'm confused.. First they said that they (BATFE) didn't have the authority to make a ruling on the Bump Fire, now they are looking for public input on the rules about Bump Fire. This will also impact binary triggers, and very possibly competition triggers.

There is a Q&A section for users/buyers, manufacturers and retailers. If you care to be heard, read and follow the instructions.

This is similar to how they handled 41P/F.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We can thank the NRA for this.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:

Seriously? How about thanking the fucking guy who used the device?!

Blame the NRA...you sound like a leftie.

The NRA isn't perfect...But I shudder to think where our 2A rights would be without them advocating for the things they do.

-- Travis A Kisner

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:34 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guns4Liberty wrote:

I'll take a rule over a law, anytime.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The writing on Franklins walls. All the new HK binary triggers have been shipping with Serial numbers. Your grand children if able to even own guns will be paying top dollar for pre 2018 registered binary triggers.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

The NRA isn't perfect...But I shudder to think where our 2A rights would be without them advocating for the things they do.

Yes, seriously. Do you not remember the NRA's statement following the Vegas shooting? They explicitly called upon ATF to review the legality of bump stocks. So you can thank them for this BS.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

I'll take a rule over a law, anytime.

I know what you mean, but for practical purposes, it's a distinction without a difference. Take 41F, for example - the fact that it's "just a rule" and not a law is little consolation to the millions of gun owners who endure the additional infringements it has created.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
foothills wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

Yes, seriously. Do you not remember the NRA's statement following the Vegas shooting? They explicitly called upon ATF to review the legality of bump stocks. So you can thank them for this BS.

The NRA did make that statement...but the hue and cry was already being hollered from the towers. Sometimes it's better to be proactive and get ahead of an issue and thus give the opposition no where to go with it. Have you forgotten that if it wasn't for the jackass that did the shooting...none of this would even be a topic?

It's all the NRA's fault...fuck that.

-- Travis A Kisner

Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:52 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

foothills wrote:
The NRA did make that statement...but the hue and cry was already being hollered from the towers. Sometimes it's better to be proactive and get ahead of an issue and thus give the opposition no where to go with it. Have you forgotten that if it wasn't for the jackass that did the shooting...none of this would even be a topic?

I know what you mean foothills, but I agree with G4L that the NRA should not join our opponents in blaming an inanimate object for the acts of a vile murderer.
Down this path lies a future in which every firearm is eventually banned. A revolver can be used in skilled hands to kill or hurt a LOT of people... by a single person.
Should we get out ahead of the issue? Rhetorical question.

Maybe we SHOULD get ahead of these issues, but I was disappointed to see my strong allies (NRA) join in the calls. I am a lifetime NRA member, RSO, CRSO and instructor n 4 disciplines. I don't neglect the good that the NRA does.
Maybe some of us are taking the 'Not one more inch!" thing too seriously? It's possible.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:55 pm

It would be interesting to see if the rules get changed if the NRA would take legal action. Something along the lines of why was it deemed perfectly acceptable and then the rules changed to fit a political agenda?

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
foothills wrote:

I know what you mean foothills, but I agree with G4L that the NRA should not join our opponents in blaming an inanimate object for the acts of a vile murderer.
Down this path lies a future in which every firearm is eventually banned. A revolver can be used in skilled hands to kill or hurt a LOT of people... by a single person.
Should we get out ahead of the issue? Rhetorical question.

Maybe we SHOULD get ahead of these issues, but I was disappointed to see my strong allies (NRA) join in the calls. I am a lifetime NRA member, RSO, CRSO and instructor n 4 disciplines. I don't neglect the good that the NRA does.
Maybe some of us are taking the 'Not one more inch!" thing too seriously? It's possible.

I get it...but to just blanket call out the NRA is over reacting. Sure there are some of us that are of the "don't give an inch" mindset. But there are also 1000's and 1000's of NRA members who have no problem with such ruling's. And not just NRA members, how many NON NRA members here, and gun owners in general are ok with such a ruling? Or ban even?

Gun owners/users are to blame for the mess we're in...just like the thread about shenanigans in the pits... we're our own worst enemy.

-- Travis A Kisner

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:20 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Slidefire basic stock for $153.85: https://gun.deals/product/ssar-15-ogr-stock-17995
Upgraded stock for $170.95: https://gun.deals/product/ssar-15-sbs-stock-19995

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

..... hmmm... If BATFE rules that Slide Fire etc are "machine guns", will they grandfather in those that are already in circulation? If so... Then do we all automatically GET MACHINE GUNS?!??!

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Massivedesign wrote:
..... hmmm... If BATFE rules that Slide Fire etc are "machine guns", will they grandfather in those that are already in circulation? If so... Then do we all automatically GET MACHINE GUNS?!??!

Perfect for 458 SOCOM! :peep:

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
I get it...but to just blanket call out the NRA is over reacting.

They deserve to be called out for it! The most prominent pro-2A organization in the country - the one that is constantly saying that guns are simply inanimate objects - suggested in no uncertain terms that the ATF reconsider the legality of a certain inanimate object simply because it was used in a high-profile crime. That is EXACTLY what the anti-2A crowd does. We expect better of the NRA - no, we DEMAND better. They stepped in it, and they deserve to get an earful for it.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next