Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What's the WOW gun you'd sell other to get?? 

What are a couple of the 9mm pistols you'd sell/trade a couple of your good guns to have?

Like selling or trading a Sig 230 and P229E2 or Walther PPQ, or Smith 459 (nah, I'm keeping the 459) for a Sig 210 or Walther P88 or ???? or ????

Same with a wheel gun in .38 special. What's the revolver you'd "sacrifice" two or three or more good guns to own?

Here's my thinking: I've got some very nice pistols and revolvers. I can't shoot them all. So what if I sold or traded a few to really upgrade my safe and have fewer, better guns to actually shoot not just look at once in a while.

And I'm not talking carry guns....I've got a Shield, S&W 640, 6906 and Sig 320 for that. I'm thinking great range guns with some Wow factor (however you want to define that).

What would you look for?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:15 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Is it fair to answer "none!" ?
I can see how this calculation works out on paper, but Tools of Freedom have an intangible value to me that transcends dollars and cents.

Washington State has added another HUGE disincentive to selling guns to me. I won't participate in 594.
There are still plenty of pistols on my "Buy!" list though.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The HK P7M8 is my "Top of Every 9mm Wish List" gun with the P7M13 a close second.

It was on the back of every gun mag I read back in the 80's and I've wanted it ever since.

Seen a few in the classifieds over the years, but never had the coin to spare.

Revolver wise, I had an old Nickle S&W 19 I kick myself weekly in the ass about selling. Would love to get that beauty back.

The pistols in my current collection are not so rare as to be considered hard to replace, should I ever (however unlikely) part with them.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, since you've narrowed it down to 9mm pistols, I guess only a few come to mind:

- HK P7. I've never shot one and I don't know what the different variants are (obviously Sparky D does!), but I still want one.
- Luger
- P38
- Sig P210

I already have the Luger and the P38.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:10 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
- HK P7. I've never shot one and I don't know what the different variants are (obviously Sparky D does!), but I still want one.
- Luger
- P38
- Sig P210

The P7/PSP has the Euro mag release on the heal. The P7M8 has the American style behind the trigger guard and has a heat shield to keep from burning your tender fingers. The P7M13 is a double stack--I have no experience with them but love the slimness of the single stack. The P7M10 is the rarer .40SW version and the P7K3 is the .380. I love these guns--only gun I ever traded away that I regret. So much so, that I bought (overpaid) another one on Gunbroker just a couple days ago. But it's basically brand new--bought from an old dude who bought it new in '83 and kept it in is safe ever since. I'll let you hold it when it comes in, Steve. :hangloose:

And maybe, just maybe, it can go on a date to the range with your Luger and P38....

Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

German day at the range! :mulletslayer:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:18 pm

My wishlist is made up of iconic weapons from movies for the most part. Winchester 73, Indiana Jone's S&W, Rick OConnel's load out from The Mummy . . . etc

Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
German day at the range! :mulletslayer:

IN!!!!

Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

P7M8 are awesome, but the double stack M13 is pretty chubby in the grip. And the M10 in 40 S&W is a complete mess, unless you need a boat anchor.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dakota Tactical MP5 SBR would be a 9mm on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Arisaka wrote:
P7M8 are awesome, but the double stack M13 is pretty chubby in the grip.

I've had both, M13 feels like a brick. Also, the mags are super expensive for the M13.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A pre-lock S&W 27 or 627 8 shot Performance Center model.

A S&W 627-0.

A P&R S&W 629 (yes there are a few out there).

A Jovino snub conversion S&W N frame.

A shooter grade S&W Registered Magnum (might have to sell more than a couple guns for this one).

Sooo...rare S&W N frames, pretty much.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The P7M8 is one of my all time favorite pistols but I might be willing to trade one of mine for a SIG 210.
I had a factory nickle P7M13 but sold and do regret it. The M8 is a far better gun.
As for wheel guns, I've dreamed of owning a Registered Magnum.... but a 3.5" pre 27 would be pretty fantastic. I'd put my pre 24 or one of my 38/44 Heavy Duties on the chopping block for one of those.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:00 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

DGM33 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
- Luger
- P38
- Sig P210

The P7/PSP has the Euro mag release on the heal. The P7M8 has the American style behind the trigger guard and has a heat shield to keep from burning your tender fingers. The P7M13 is a double stack--I have no experience with them but love the slimness of the single stack. The P7M10 is the rarer .40SW version and the P7K3 is the .380. I love these guns--only gun I ever traded away that I regret. So much so, that I bought (overpaid) another one on Gunbroker just a couple days ago. But it's basically brand new--bought from an old dude who bought it new in '83 and kept it in is safe ever since. I'll let you hold it when it comes in, Steve. :hangloose:

And maybe, just maybe, it can go on a date to the range with your Luger and P38....

Picked up my "new" P7 today. It's sooooo pretty. It's basically brand new yet it's almost 35 years old.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Okay, I think I've finally found what would be a sufficient lateral trade (for me) that I might... MIGHT consider se.... se.... sel... ahem... seling a gun or t-t-t-two. (phew)

I am considering selling my 10/22 (my very firstest ever gun) and a S&W revolver (it's nothing special, maybe probably) and I'd probably have to sell something else...

and get a Tactical Solutions .22 with the hogue stock, fluted barrel... and ultimately, when the dead walk, hell freezes, and I hit the lottery - twice - a suppressor. Yeah?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next