In stripper clips 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
In factory box(es) 19%  19%  [ 19 ]
Other 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 101

How do you store your ammo? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those tests brought a tear to my eye.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
Any modern spring will wear out from cycles of loading/unloading. Not static compression

If they did we'd all have to jack our cars up at night to make sure the springs didn't fail unexpectedly.

Biggest issue I've ever seen with leaving mag's loaded is dirt. If you don't store them in a clean environment dust and dirt will accumulate and that can cause feeding issues. Put those loaded mags in a tupperware container or ammo can and dirt/dust problem solved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shirt pocket until needed.

Seriously, ya'll are pretty trusting with such public information on where and how much you store... icon_eek

Next thread: Show me a picture of the front of your house with address!

Next thread: What hours do you work?

Followed by: I bet your safe combination isn't as cool as mine...

And then: What security measures to use around the house?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

Seriously, ya'll are pretty trusting with such public information on where and how much you store... icon_eek

So you have zero guns and ammo? It's a given everyone here owns a gun or two. I would say most of us are findable, even you. And almost all of us have variable work habits and times. And I hope you too have at least 4 layers of security, hopefully 5.

Now, seeing how many of us work from home or shop and have guns, do you feel lucky, punk? Do you?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

Seriously, you gotta get through 4 layers of defense at my house, and that includes a dog that's not nice when we're not here and if we *are* here, a not-very-nice-owner. Plus active alarm, plus instant notification Video, plus nosey stay=at=home neighbor wife who watches every car that pulls into our drive way.
Given that info, I dare ya....

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

So you have zero guns and ammo? It's a given everyone here owns a gun or two. I would say most of us are findable, even you. And almost all of us have variable work habits and times. And I hope you too have at least 4 layers of security, hopefully 5.

Now, seeing how many of us work from home or shop and have guns, do you feel lucky, punk? Do you?

Finding LC is easy! Just make up a dating profile and tell him your super hot, super successful and super easy! :thumbsup2:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Pablo wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Finding LC is easy! Just make up a dating profile and tell him your super hot, super successful and super easy! :thumbsup2:

:rofl9: you win the Internet today.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Pablo wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

While I did appreciate the dinner and drinks, :prettyeyes: you just aren't my type. I know I made a great impression, :inlove: but I was just being nice. I thought I made that clear. Please stop with the booty texts. Calls and heavy breathing. And the uninvited pictures... icon_eek

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bring this up because this stuff is public.

For several years, members over on TOS seemed to get burgled with an abnormal frequency.

I'd just suggest a higher level of OPSEC. Posting inventory, location, storage, and pictures is just inviting bad juju.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m with you LC. It amazes the hell out of me that people still post stuff on social media that could possibly make them a target. If anybody want to know my only gun is a break open pellet gun I got from Walmart. If anyone wants it so bad they are willing to break in my house for it let me know and I’ll leave it leaning up against my pump house.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I might be nuts, but I don't see a problem with sharing basic info on here. Most regulars here on WaGuns are pro-2A, even by my radical definition, and therefore I expect that they have Tools of Freedom on their body and in their homes.
Personally, if I was a burglar I'd avoid homes in which I knew the owner liked firearms. We tend to be pretty protective of our castles.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I might be nuts, but I don't see a problem with sharing basic info on here. Most regulars here on WaGuns are pro-2A, even by my radical definition, and therefore I expect that they have Tools of Freedom on their body and in their homes.
Personally, if I was a burglar I'd avoid homes in which I knew the owner liked firearms. We tend to be pretty protective of our castles.

But...YOU'RE not a burglar. Or likely a tweeker that is looking for a way to score some high value items for quick cash.

Gun thefts in break in's are quite common...sometimes the ONLY thing taken. Numerous members here and on TOS have had guns taken, hell even complete safes...I don't think the risk of burgling a gun owner for fear of getting shot outweighs the potential for the haul they can make.

I agree with LC and myclonegt...why advertise? The potential for perps to cruise these sites from the shadows is quite possible and unrestricted.

-- Travis A Kisner

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:10 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

The list of things that I am ignorant of is infinitely larger than the list of things that I know.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't see how advertising your ammo storage method is a significant security risk, especially if you're saying it's kept in a safe. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a member of a gun forum a) owns guns, b) keeps ammunition on hand, and c) keeps one or both of them in a safe. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the additional details like "it's stored in factory boxes" or "I use Ziploc bags in .50-cal cans" are not going to put your stash at greater risk of being stolen.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't see how 'I keep mine in ammo cans segregated by caliber and marked with a sharpie' (or whatever) is violating PERSEC, amd everyone knows what a PERSEC Nazi I am. Hahaha

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next