Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Gabby Giffords Group's New Effort At Banning...EVERYTHING 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Now THAT would plug up a can!

I actually met DC Sniper John Muhammad back when he changed the oil and maintained Lynnwood PD vehicles.
He wasn't very good at that either.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw on the MSN they had an article on how four countries (Australia, Japan, Norway, and GB) have nearly eliminated gun deaths per year, and the steps they took to make it happen. However, those countries have a lower population, and land mass, than the US, don't have the gang violence the US does, has better education rates, lower poverty, and better trust and less loopholes in their law enforcement. What about including Mexico, or other South American countries into that set of stats as many of them have gun bans too? The one downside is gun suicides gets lumped into most data, when in reality it should be taken out.

Seems like the media keeps pandering to this idea that a gun free society is a good one. However, I keep going back to how the US is such a player in the world, if we gave up our weapons as citizens, what is stopping the world from taking us over? What is stopping the .gov from depleting our rights?

There is such a big deal about our 2A rights, and how all these steps need to be taken to use those rights, yet little is given as to using voting rights. Why not give background checks to allow folks to vote? You need to be a non felonious citizen of the US in order to vote, passing a BGC should be mandated to ensure this is the case. If it needs to happen in order to exercise your 2A rights, why not others?

There needs to be a pro 2A group out there on a national level that actually fights for our 2A rights. Sort of a grassroots group that is for the people and not for corporations. The NRA is fighting for corporations these days and lining their own pockets along the way. Citizens first. :flag:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:57 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Wetpaperbag wrote:
There needs to be a pro 2A group out there on a national level that actually fights for our 2A rights. Sort of a grassroots group that is for the people and not for corporations. The NRA is fighting for corporations these days and lining their own pockets along the way. Citizens first. :flag:

I quoted only a part, but all good points.

Can you describe the grassroots effort? I've been thinking about this for awhile. No matter the big national organizations intentions, we seem to continue losing the war to keep our (and our children's) Natural Rights, or at least on the ragged edge of doing so.
I will continue to support the NRA, GOA etc, but I think that it is up to us to locally turn things around in our own neighborhoods.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Guntrader wrote:
"Exactly how many crimes were committed using muzzle loaders in this past century???" Tucker Carlson to a gun control activist today.

But, what if the DC snipers had a muzzle loader and a silencer. icon_eek

I watched it last night. That was truly painful to sit through. I did love the "woke up" button. I am thinking maybe not so much.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:09 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sreyemj wrote:
Oh, please, please please please please try to ban muzzleloaders! The sooner these people drop the "common sense" facade, the better.

TechnoWeenie posted this in another thread.

Between that level of insanity and this editorial that Alpine posted
Alpine wrote:
We're coming for your guns and someday we'll take them
Quote:
We're coming for your guns. And someday, we'll take them.

Funny that I sort of thought there was going to be a break in the black clouds and some of the insane talk would at least go underground until D's took control of .Gov again...
Instead it reaches a level of insanity that I honestly never imagined would happen in my lifetime.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3