Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 New S&W Performance Center Revolvers 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two new Performance Center models:
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-pro-series-model-686
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-pro-series-model-686-plus-0

Starting to save up for the 686+ model. I have a tuned PC 627 for steel shooting but honestly still really like the L-Frame design.

My first order of priority would be replacing those finger grooved grips with nice custom Herrett stocks followed by a Level IV competition trigger job for federal primers at Apex Tactical.

Personally I really like the lines on these new models.
What say the revolver fans on the forum?

Attachment:
11760_01_lg_1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:08 am

I like the 586/686 guns a lot but I doubt I'll ever get used to the ejector housing being ramped like that. The vented rib is great.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:06 am

I like the ramped ejector housing.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like it as well. This will be replacing an older 686-3 with 6" barrel, full underlug, integral front sight ramp. Will be nice to have a pinned front sight. Big fan of the longer barrel for shooting steel but was fairly nose heavy with that full underlug.

Thinking the 5" barrel with ramped ejector housing will likely balance quite a bit better.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love the look of these pistols, and they are fantastic shooters

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like it, but I'll keep my early -4 7 shooter.

5" seems to be the ideal barrel length for the K, L, and N frames. I now have 3 5" S&Ws and am looking for more...

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like a full lug revolver. That slant looks odd. I would imagine it shoots amazing.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm still old school on my Smiths. My favorite is still my Model 27 but I know these newer ones are good shooters. I used to have a couple, both a 627 and a 629.

- Reverend King —“The Purpose of Education” from Morehouse College student newspaper, The Maroon Tiger, 1947

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MorrisWR wrote:
I'm still old school on my Smiths. My favorite is still my Model 27 but I know these newer ones are good shooters. I used to have a couple, both a 627 and a 629.

I'm not even that old (41) and agree completely. My newest Smith (the 686) was made in 1997. There are some newer ones, particularly the Night Guard and PD models, that I like but I tend to blow the gun fund on the old ones I run across.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MorrisWR wrote:

Yeah, not to wild about the smooth look of the new smiths. It's like oatmeal without lumps.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had a 686+ for quite a while and did my training with it. I just had more revolvers than I needed. I do still carry Rugers (SP101 and GP100).

- Reverend King —“The Purpose of Education” from Morehouse College student newspaper, The Maroon Tiger, 1947

Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Removing the Hillary hole would be their best option for the future of their revolvers.

Divided we fall.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Removing the Hillary hole would be their best option for the future of their revolvers.

I thought you liked Hillary’s hole? :bigsmile:

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't like the ramp on the ejector.

I'd have to call it phteven

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]