Illegal aliens by chance

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
My favorite part.

“A new poll of 500 likely Washington state voters...”

LIKELY?

Sure, when the 6th graders grow up and turn 18. The indoctrination will be complete.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I like that "in a nutshell" break down.

Long term we are still in a bind. The population is going up, and it seems that gun control follows population density.
Are there any big cities that lean pro-2A?

For whatever reason, densely populated areas vote Democrat, and because gun control became a political feel-good issue, we seem to be losing ground rather steadily despite the occasional uncertain step forward.
The "easy" path is to recognize that D's leadership leads the anti-2A movement, and blame ALL Democrat voters for this attack on human rights. Seems like this drives potential allies further into the arms of anti-2A leadership.

I have children and grandchildren... I don't want to win this for me or for us. I want to win it for 10,000 years.

Crime follows population and no one wants crime. Easy to blame guns but difficult to end crime #ShallowThinkingIsEasyButUseless

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Has anyone done a poll on how few people trust polls?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:46 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

SporkBoy wrote:
PMB wrote:
I like that "in a nutshell" break down.

Long term we are still in a bind. The population is going up, and it seems that gun control follows population density.
Are there any big cities that lean pro-2A?

For whatever reason, densely populated areas vote Democrat, and because gun control became a political feel-good issue, we seem to be losing ground rather steadily despite the occasional uncertain step forward.
The "easy" path is to recognize that D's leadership leads the anti-2A movement, and blame ALL Democrat voters for this attack on human rights. Seems like this drives potential allies further into the arms of anti-2A leadership.

I have children and grandchildren... I don't want to win this for me or for us. I want to win it for 10,000 years.

Crime follows population and no one wants crime. Easy to blame guns but difficult to end crime #ShallowThinkingIsEasyButUseless

R's are traditionally considered tougher on crime. I'm looking for the reason all big metropolitan areas turn D. (Preferably verifiable reasons, rather than "illegal voters" and the like.)
I don't think the 2A issue needs to be adopted as a pet issue by either side, yet it has been.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you noticed rural areas tend to be more religious, self sufficient, like to work with their hands, and many more items I'm not going to list. Think about what rural living requires compared to city living.

After a lifetime of living in big cities and now living in the country, I wish I had moved sooner. I never felt at home in the city.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After watching the game plan unfold on the 594 debacle, here is my take, knowing what I know watching this state going from a strong belief in freedom and the Constitution into the Globalist fungus thinking that caused 594.

This "poll" is a tool that the Leftist anti-gunner crew: KING5TV, KIRO7TV, KCPQ13, KOMO4, Seattle Times, Tacoma News Tribune, and NPR local outlets will cite over and over and over and over and over (is that enough overs?) to blanket the thought into the citizenry that gun control is actually normal and the "reasonable" thing to do.

It is their first hook in the upcoming battle.

After all, who disagrees with being "reasonable"? Only bigots, rapists, robbers, killers, and those mentally ill owners of guns, especially "assault weapons". You know, like semi-auto rifles with detachable magazines. They are just like what the American military uses, don'tcha know? They look the same, they must be the same.

And some of the worst own many, many guns, like 8 or 10 guns when you include pistols, revolvers, shotguns. Oh, the horror, the horror! Can we somehow identify them and track them? For safety of course. Reasonable, progressive people know that this is where killers, like that guy in Las Vegas, come from. It is just common sense to come to this conclusion, no real facts are needed. And Section 24 can be "interpreted" any way because all but one Washington state SC justice is a full-blown Globalist/Leftist. When it comes selling to gun ownership in our state, 1984 has been realized. Do you see 5 lights, or only 4?****

"Reasonable" gun laws are needed because if we "smart" citizens don't pass "reasonable" gun laws, everyone will soon be shooting each other. It is only logical, no facts are necessary to repeat this general concept until the vote is complete. Right? Or do you just want to die?

This is what to expect, based on what we have seen earlier in the 594 manipulation.

Actual facts are the first casualty, as they hurt the Left's manipulation of their message. Our side will be ignored at nearly every point, only one or two "debates" will be held, ostensibly to prove the Left is "fair". I use quotes in both instances because the debates will be fixed by the Left, and then after the fact, they can claim in their propaganda they were always "fair".Our side will grovel and kiss ass just to be able to stand in a fixed debate. It is really sad, kind of like a "trial" an innocent person gets in a banana republic before they are executed.

It truly disgusts me, watching another classic coordinated propaganda campaign being carried out by our supposedly free and honest local press. Tar and feathers are quite appropriate for every broadcaster and reporter involved. On this issue, an honest reporter does not exist.

I've been trying to come up with a concise set of bullet points to counter their muddled attempt at their false truth. But each time, I realize the entire game to deliver ideas in the Puget Sound area is a fixed game, a losing game. How do we win when the house fixes the game?

I don't think we can win at the state level. We need RBG and Kennedy to retire and get 2 Constitutional Americans to replace them. Soon. If we get 2 more Gorsuch leaning justices, we have a chance to blow this crap out permanently.

**** The torture scene in this episode of Start Trek and Picard is nearly verbatim from Nineteen Eighty-Four's "2 + 2 = 5". In the novel, the slogan is a primary example of doublethink, the ability of the totalitarian ruling party to exert such control they can even make people admit obvious falsehoods. Sensory evidence - or in the case of the novel, analytic truth - is internalized as insanity, and external statements are internalized as true, even when the subject isn't actually insane. The captors are showing their strength not just by forcing the captive, but by forcing reality itself.

At the end of the novel, the main character is being tortured into admitting that 2 + 2 is in fact 5. Unlike Picard, he does break - he admits to seeing five fingers even though he really only sees four. This begins a downward slide into compliance with the state.

Orwell invented this kind of situation as an allegory for the propaganda of the Nazi party, although he also applied it to Communism in Russia. In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense. And what was terrifying was not that they would kill you for thinking otherwise, but that they might be right. For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable—what then?

Once that level of control is reached - when you can convince someone that your statements have primacy over their mental processes - you can make them do anything.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:53 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

What causes metropolitan areas to become generally noncompetitive and solid blue?

I think along the lines of Scorpion Rider- that as population density goes up, humans tend to become less self reliant and as a result they (we) vote for the political party most likely to promise more local security.
This wouldn't be a terrible thing if both political parties had a support for the core meaning and purpose of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Here are a couple of interesting (I thought) demographic articles.
10 trends:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... d-in-2017/
Shrinking middle class:
http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2016/05/ ... tan-areas/

A PDF about how rural counties are changing:
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/cspan/r ... slides.pdf
And they central point that I am trying to get at :
Quote:
Rural counties include 46.2 million people (15 percent of the U.S. population) spread across 72 percent of U.S. land area.

So the happy defeat of the Crime Family last November seems to be, at best, a last gasp of "rural America." Although the housing crisis slowed some of the rural to urban shift, every year more Americans occupy the same square footage and population density increases. Math.
The big swaths of RED against the little tiny BLUE in the electoral map may make you feel good, but our representatives are not elected based on square miles of RED vs BLUE. POTUS (and therefore SCOTUS) are not elected that way either, despite the EC's intention to avoid the dominance of high population states. Sorry, but ALL the states are becoming high population.
I have been trying to digest the data, not look for someone or some group to blame, although I suppose it is possible that this whole gradual decline of liberty minded thinking could be a result of brainwashing by MSM as per bigz, but I lean towards less intentional (less sinister) and more human nature.

It is terribly unfortunate that 2A and gun control have become politicized; The side that is growing stronger is against 2A as we know it.
The juggernaut of population seems to be swinging away from rural life and self-sufficiency and there is NO possible way of intentionally reversing this trend. This is my reasoning for being so vocal in my displeasure of the political name calling and such.
It seems clear to me that we can't win without (1)de-politicizing 2A, or (2)drastically changing the Republican Party, or (3)taking down the whole system.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:51 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

http://q13fox.com/2017/10/24/new-poll-s ... -violence/

I always wonder how they really.worm these questions to get the answers they get. I find it hard to believe 65% want "heavy" restrictions on semi autos.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kgbsucka wrote:
http://q13fox.com/2017/10/24/new-poll-says-washingtonians-want-more-done-to-prevent-gun-violence/

I always wonder how they really.worm these questions to get the answers they get. I find it hard to believe 65% want "heavy" restrictions on semi autos.

Not hard to believe at all.
Just hang out at Evergreen, UW and high schools and only poll the teachers.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:28 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Threads merged

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's not really an "R" vs. "D" thing. Both sides will always jockey for a constituency that will give them a shot at being elected. Often this involves groups that would otherwise never associate with one another.

The current R team has depended on gun owners for a long, long time and appear to be willing to sell them down the river to appeal to other groups. This means that gun rights has no party they can depend on. Republicans in "blue" areas or who feel they need to appeal to younger voters have and will support gun control.

The "D" platform in 1960 would be hardcore right in 2017. It's the American people that have moved left and the parties have followed.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
nine out of ten people think the tenth one is an idiot.....

Hillary-0US

I don't make Memes but I'd go with this change:

I have guns
It's my right
You don't have guns
You don't want me to have guns
I have guns
It's my right
Checkmate

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We are all in trouble if the democrat wins this special election on the east side. There will no longer be any checks and balances. The Democrats will have complete control and start raising taxes worse than before and the 2nd amendment will mean nothing in this state.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't forget that they'll happily trample all over section 24 of the WA state Constitution, which is even more strongly worded than the federal one:
Quote:
SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

Seems to me pretty cut-and-dry that things like an AWB would be very unconstitutional in that regard, but liberal activist judges won't see it that way.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next