Switch to full style
Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

Re: First AR

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:12 pm

sinus211 wrote:If he wants a brand name rifle the Ruger AR556 and S&W sport II are hard to beat. If he doesn't need a name brand the PSA website has all kinds of great packages for under $600. Go on slickguns and find one of the optic/pmag packages. I recently saw one for $170 for 10 pmags and a vortex strikefire.

$500 rifle with magpul furniture +tax&transfer= $600
Strikefire + 10 pmags deal = $170
Magpul flip up BUIS + $60
Magpul railed vertical grip = $25
Case of 5.56 ammo = $250

$1105 and he's got a good fully equipped rifle with 10 mags, BUIS, an optic, and RVG, and 1k rounds of ammo. Ready to rock!

Great breakdown!

I’ve been hinting at the M&P because been seeing some great prices on them.

He had a day off today so we went and looked at a few and he now has his eyes on an LWRC DI.

https://lwrci.com/p-839-lwrci-di.aspx

Re: First AR

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Rafman wrote:
sinus211 wrote:If he wants a brand name rifle the Ruger AR556 and S&W sport II are hard to beat. If he doesn't need a name brand the PSA website has all kinds of great packages for under $600. Go on slickguns and find one of the optic/pmag packages. I recently saw one for $170 for 10 pmags and a vortex strikefire.

$500 rifle with magpul furniture +tax&transfer= $600
Strikefire + 10 pmags deal = $170
Magpul flip up BUIS + $60
Magpul railed vertical grip = $25
Case of 5.56 ammo = $250

$1105 and he's got a good fully equipped rifle with 10 mags, BUIS, an optic, and RVG, and 1k rounds of ammo. Ready to rock!

Great breakdown!

I’ve been hinting at the M&P because been seeing some great prices on them.

He had a day off today so we went and looked at a few and he now has his eyes on an LWRC DI.

https://lwrci.com/p-839-lwrci-di.aspx

I've never owned one but from what I hear LWRC makes a great rifle. The thing is, these days AR-15's have homogenized quite a bit. The difference between a Larue and a S&W is pretty small. The LaRue might be better, but not $1k better. If the kid wants a brand name rifle, no harm in that. He might be better served by a cheaper rifle and spending the extra money on accessories and ammo but hey, the heart wants what it wants right?

In any case your son wants to buy an AR-15! That's a win in my books! Good job raising a 2A supporting son!
Post a reply