Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:17 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Which $1000 1911-style .45? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You might be, but probably it's more likely that I'm wrong. Lol. I'll see what I can find.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:00 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Shit I coulda sworn somebody already told you an Armscor 1911 might be what you're looking for. Oh wait, here it is. Way back on page 1. That must've been why you missed it. :bigsmile:

sinus211 wrote:
Or get one of the Armscor brands like Rock Island. If you're not looking for the "ooh, ahh" from everyone else a Rock Island will treat you well.

GI threaded $478: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... +Parkerize

Double stack 13+1 railed and FO sights $761: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... +Black+Par
And a match .45acp 1911 threaded barrel for $99: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... ded+Barrel

Even with shipping and tax you'll be under the $1k budget.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Shit I coulda sworn somebody already told you an Armscor 1911 might be what you're looking for. Oh wait, here it is. Way back on page 1. That must've been why you missed it. :bigsmile:

sinus211 wrote:
Or get one of the Armscor brands like Rock Island. If you're not looking for the "ooh, ahh" from everyone else a Rock Island will treat you well.

GI threaded $478: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... +Parkerize

Double stack 13+1 railed and FO sights $761: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... +Black+Par
And a match .45acp 1911 threaded barrel for $99: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... ded+Barrel

Even with shipping and tax you'll be under the $1k budget.

I saw your advice, and looked on their website for 1 with a threaded barrel, but didn't see it. Somebody else mentioned a $300 barrel, which totally blows the budget. $100 is much better.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:02 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Always check buds guns. They generally have the lowest prices on new firearms. When I'm shopping new/used guns I always use their site as the basis for cheap pricing comparison.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look into the new Auto Ordnance 1911s for the budget range. Forged slide and frame. American made by Kahr arms, with a good reputation nowadays.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... B1+45ACP+5

Divided we fall.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lo
snozzberries wrote:
cdoniguian wrote:
http://armscor.com/firearms/gi-series/gi-standard-fs-threaded-45-acp/

Quality/reliability/performance. Start here. Save your cash, then upgrade later when you're ready.

That doesn't look too horrible. Have you shot one? How are they? I could buy that and a 1000 rounds of .45 and still be under 1k.

quantsuff wrote:
Sig tacops

Are you talking about the one I have linked in my 1st post?

Yup

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went to Wades East Side Guns. They have probably 20 1911's in .45 that you can rent. $15 will allow you to shoot them all. I didn't shoot them as I was on my lunch break.

Springfield, Kimber, Sig, S&W, Nighthawk, Ruger, Remington, Auto Ordnance, Magnum Research,

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
I went to Wades East Side Guns. They have probably 20 1911's in .45 that you can rent. $15 will allow you to shoot them all. I didn't shoot them as I was on my lunch break.

Springfield, Kimber, Sig, S&W, Nighthawk, Ruger, Remington, Auto Ordnance, Magnum Research,

Just don't buy anything there. Over priced big time.
West Coast Armory (factoria) is a much better indoor range with rentals.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
cdoniguian wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
cdoniguian wrote:
http://armscor.com/firearms/gi-series/gi-standard-fs-threaded-45-acp/

Quality/reliability/performance. Start here. Save your cash, then upgrade later when you're ready.

That doesn't look too horrible. Have you shot one? How are they? I could buy that and a 1000 rounds of .45 and still be under 1k.

quantsuff wrote:
Sig tacops

Are you talking about the one I have linked in my 1st post?

Yes, I have the original GI series, but I don't have a threaded barrel. Yet. It's my favorite pistol at the range. Smooth, reliable and did I say fun? I have not carried mine but it doesn't mind because it's always the first to go in the range bag. I'm sure your LGS will get you into that gun for well less than the listed MSRP too. They have a ton of other threaded models to choose from. When your done with it, I'll take it off your hands for you. ;)

Okay I just looked at every pistol I could find on their site, and that one you linked is the only one I could find with a threaded barrel. Am I blind?

Armscor website sucks.
Call Surplus Ammo to see if they have one in stock.
You don't have to like them but you can abuse them. :wink05:

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chasesdad on SGN has a Sig Spartan listed for $900. Doesn't have a threaded barrel but as mentioned above you can pick one up for $100.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Aftermarket threaded barrels can be had for under $150 but gotta look for 'em.

Buds Guns recently had some overruns that had cosmetic blems but mine works excellent.

Kind of thing one can budget for and upgrade as able.

I always like to convert cost into number of boxes ammo equivalents - perspective.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:

Buds Guns recently had some overruns that had cosmetic blems but mine works excellent.

I always like to convert cost into number of boxes ammo equivalents - perspective.

What's the quality on a $150 aftermarket threaded barrel vs a new one that comes from the manufacturer with the pistol? How standardized are they and the fit?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1 on the Sig Tacops. Sweet shooter and excellent quality. It's heavier than I would personally want to carry (completely individual preference, obviously, and kind of universal across most steel-frame pistols) and if you're die-hard traditional then the lack of a rounded top might be seen as a negative. I think the design is attractive, myself, but again that's a personal thing.

Skagit Arms often has a decent selection of used Sigs if you're looking to save some dough.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:

What's the quality on a $150 aftermarket threaded barrel vs a new one that comes from the manufacturer with the pistol? How standardized are they and the fit?

How would one such a determination? Are you able to perform such evaluation? Mine dropped right in with no modifications and fits as well as the original ... want to come see?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:

How would one such a determination? Are you able to perform such evaluation? Mine dropped right in with no modifications and fits as well as the original ... want to come see?

Thanks for the offer but you appear to be quite a distance from me. Did you see any change in accuracy with the new barrel?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next