Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 New shooting buddy! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Misleading title? Guess you can call me fake news. At least with this shooting buddy I know it`s on me if something goes wrong!

Here`s the story:

As touched upon in a different thread, I was welched on badly by another seller and that same night I mentioned in the thread finding a better deal. Here it is:

Zastava NPAP-DF (Hybridized M70), Midwest Industries optics mount and (not pictures) two Grov-Tec sling swivels that now reside on my Remington 700 ADL in .308 (Friends have heard me refer to it as “The Almost M24″).

I took the M70 home this morning at about 10:00 AM for $400 cash and 210 rounds of M855 (Lace City, 2017 production). The seller claimed to have put approximately 90 rounds through it and to my eye that`s confirmed by wear patterns. I note several things:

1) My muzzle device is locked in place. I can depress the spring but not move it. Will attempt to remedy this.
UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

2) The Midwest Industries railed gas tube, while solid, stable and quality, is refusing to come loose. It appears to me that all needs doing is unthreading the front end, but attempting to do so resulted in finish wear. Will contact manufacturer regarding recommended course of action.

3) A lack of bayonet lug. I understand import restrictions, doesn`t mean I have to like them.

The plan is probably going to be swapping out the underfolder for an AR stock adapter (I can`t stand this thing, eugh) and seeing about installing a Midwest handguard instead. And guaranteed a better grip.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:58 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Why give OPS another opportunity to hashtag anything? Im not into underfolders but not sure ar furniture is better either.

Last edited by das_napeth on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:55 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Man, I wouldn't mess with that stock. If you don't want the underfolder, just sell or trade the gun.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eh. Adapters already exist, and it`s one of the few imports still available. They`re drying up too as Century keeps pushing the tRASh 47 and C39 mongrels.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]