Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 M&P ? GLOCK ? 

So recently after shooting my M&Ps, I have realized I like them more than my glocks. I never though this would happen just surprised me I guess since I recently just started shooting M&Ps (2 Years ago). Makes me wonder why did I spend all this time and money on glocks...trigger this spring that sights here LoneWolf barrel over there ...etc...but yall get my point. I guess what I'm saying is.... The best glock is a stock unmodified one IMO. The satisfaction I get out of (STOCK) M&Ps surpasses the glocks modified or not. So am I the only one out here who feels this way? I do believe its a shooter preference ..and I get it. I guess what Im saying here is M&Ps are better than Glocks.

AAANNNNNNNNDDDDDDD
Here comes the bashing.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:04 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

No bashing from me.

I'm not a huge fan of the M&P (I have the .45), but I know that this really is a personal preference, and even personal preference can change over time. A few years ago I despised Glocks and I was all about the XD; today, I like them both. *shrug* Whatever works for each of us. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To each their own. I far prefer the Glock bladed trigger over the odd feeling MP trigger.

And the trigger on the Glock is fine. Reset is excellent, nothing spongy about it (unlike the spongy XD trigger).

But in truth these three are pretty much equals for their intended role.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love my M&Ps! Even with the stock trigger I prefer them over glocks 100x. I do have a glock for work though, so am beginning to appreciate their functionality. One of the biggest things for me trying to carry a G22 after my M&P40 is the G22 doesn't conceal nearly as well. M&Ps are very rounded and do not present right angles everywhere. I print more with the G22.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The more I shoot my M&P, the more I tend to agree. I had been using a G34 and G35 for competition for a while, and recently got a M&P9 to use for my limited gun. After shooting it a few thousand rounds, I walk away feeling slightly better about the M&P. I do not have a factory trigger in mine, but it just seems more comfortable and a little better shooter for me. Bang for the buck for most people though, I think the M&P's are good choices.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As many great shooters have said, "Glocks are trash".

Just kidding! I have gone back and forth on this as well. Both are great pistols! Although Jerry Miculekdies shoot SW...

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tim04 wrote:
Although Jerry Miculekdies Gets PAID to shoot SW...

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
Tim04 wrote:
Although Jerry Miculekdies Gets PAID to shoot SW...

Haha so true!!! I would agree to get paid to shoot Hi-Point if they offered big bucks!!! LOL

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Love my M&P9, mostly for the grip angle. But I am interested in shooting a Gen4 Glock... might be my next purchase.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I find the M&P to be ergonomically superior to the Glock. For that reason, I shoot it well. The M&P factory trigger is garbage compared to the Glock factory trigger, though. Good thing that's an easy fix. I traded my M&P 9 Pro CORE for a G17 Gen3, and I already regret it.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:07 am

I like both M&P trigger sucks out of the box, the glock is nothing to write home about but is better. The M&P feels better in the hand, but the Glock reliability cannot be disputed. So again my answer is BOTH. As said before gun preferences can change from one to another and back in minutes.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Have had a Glock 23 since the 90's, ammo was free from work. Only reason I still have it.

Picked up a SW MP .45 maybe 7 years ago.
Trigger was gritty, sloppy.
Put an Apex kit in it (sear and pin block)..............did a little fluff and buff.
Like glass now, very short reset, I'd put it up against most 1911's.
Probably too light.

SW Shield .45 is pretty good. No mods and no problems at all.
Except the sandpaper grips are hard on shirts.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benched my M&P Shield 9mm to upgrade to the Glock 43. I shot both side by side and carried the S&W for years before I tried the G43. The side by side comparison had me choosing the Glock 43 all day long without any regrets.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
Benched my M&P Shield 9mm to upgrade to the Glock 43. I shot both side by side and carried the S&W for years before I tried the G43. The side by side comparison had me choosing the Glock 43 all day long without any regrets.

I would appreciate your reasons for preferring the G43 over the Shield. I have a Shield 9 and like it, but also have a GSSF blue label discount expiring the end of the month. :bigsmile:

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next