Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:27 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Molot blow forward pistol 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The pistol uses a blow forward action: the barrel and slide are attached to each other and form an assembly. The breech block is permanently attached to the frame. Upon firing, the barrel/slide assembly starts to move forward driven by the force of the bullet engaging the rifling and the forward dragging force of the bullet traveling down the bore. By moving forward, barrel/slide assembly clears the cartridge case held by the extractor on the breech face and allows it to be ejected through the side ejection port. After that, the reciprocating parts start to move backward driven by the recoil spring. Then feeding and chambering happens and the gun gets ready for the next shot. In order to charge the pistol, one needs to grab and push the slide forward and let it go back, opposite of conventional pistols.

- striker fired
- aluminum framed
- 9x19mm
- double stack

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... ned-molot/

This action is very similar to the Japanese Hino-Komuro and the Schwarzlose 1908:

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn that's ugly. I have always been amused by ideas that claim to do something better when what is on the market works great. Kinda like the whole solution look for a problem. But I love innovation and that is kinda cool.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would say no more ugly than a Glock. The funky sharkfin in front of the trigger guard would have to go though.
Thanks OS2 for posting info about new type of pistol (or at least new to me).

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glock + Hi-point bastard child?

Divided we fall.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:14 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Cool. I knew about the Schwarzlose but have never seen one of these before.
Ya, it does have the Hi-Point vibe.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
The funky sharkfin in front of the trigger guard would have to go though.

That's a temporary reinforcement because the front started warping due to the forces of the slide and barrel assembly. I doubt it would remain there if this ever makes it to production.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

os2firefox wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
The funky sharkfin in front of the trigger guard would have to go though.

That's a temporary reinforcement because the front started warping due to the forces of the slide and barrel assembly. I doubt it would remain there if this ever makes it to production.

I was thinking there's definitely a group of folks who shoot with support hand index finger in front of the trigger guard. I've never been a proponent of that technique although some very high level shooters are devotees.

Interesting to see how the design will be stabilized to allow elimination of the reinforcement fin.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really innovative, and I've never heard of this 110+ year old design. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if the recoil is a lot less, and if it is could it be applied to rifles?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]