Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Minimum cost glass for an AR-15 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
I knew all you Sinophile spokespeople for China Inc. would mob this thread. How about a Leupold Mark AR U.S. labor produced scope?

You find me an American made scope that is decent quality and matches the price point of the Chinese scopes....

The Mark Ar's strt around $300. That's not huge.

And it puts Americans to work, doesn't fund Chinese economic aggression and doesn't undermine YOUR standard of living.

You should go pick him up and take him down to look at American made scopes...in your TOYOTA truck.

And no I will not stop throwing that in your face until you buy an American truck. Just so you know. :bigsmile:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look into the Vortex Strike Eagle. They're affordable. I really like mine.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Breck wrote:
Look into the Vortex Strike Eagle. They're affordable. I really like mine.

I have one on my 300BO, and love it. For an outstanding bargain the 1-4 Cabelas with base/ring is the best value.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

sinus211 wrote:
You should go pick him up and take him down to look at American made scopes...in your TOYOTA truck.

Oooh . . . that one left a mark. icon_eek

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
sinus211 wrote:

My toy-odor was made the last year production was in northern california.

Fracking auto makers sold out U.S. labor leaving the consumer with little choice. i owned fords from the time I cut teeth up until I bought this truck (I had a couple of bastard cars too, along the way).

Yeah... you g'wan and hurl your slings and arrows... I've been looking at late 60's f250's with longing recently. best I can do, for now.... :angryfire:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:11 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
MadPick wrote:
sinus211 wrote:

My toy-odor was made the last year production was in northern california.

Fracking auto makers sold out U.S. labor leaving the consumer with little choice. i owned fords from the time I cut teeth up until I bought this truck (I had a couple of bastard cars too, along the way).

Yeah... you g'wan and hurl your slings and arrows... I've been looking at late 60's f250's with longing recently. best I can do, for now.... :angryfire:

Oh so now you're supporting California! Jesus Christ man!!!!!

Last edited by Sinus211 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Natchez Shooter's Supply has refurbished Nikon P-223 scopes on sale frequently.

https://www.natchezss.com/refurbished-n ... matte.html

https://www.natchezss.com/catalogsearch ... r=position

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
I knew all you Sinophile spokespeople for China Inc. would mob this thread. How about a Leupold Mark AR U.S. labor produced scope?

You find me an American made scope that is decent quality and matches the price point of the Chinese scopes....

And it puts Americans to work, doesn't fund Chinese economic aggression and doesn't undermine YOUR standard of living.

And no I will not stop throwing that in your face until you buy an American truck. Just so you know. :bigsmile:

Lol awesome... shots fired.

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

and one that didn't take the bail out too :ffight:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Haa haaa haaa Too funny

Ok so back to the OPs original question, I would Vote for am Aimpoint PRO Model, can be had for around 300$ New and the battery life is fracking amazing.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks all, this has given me a great start.

Guntrader, PM sent.

one more general question on the subject of batteries, is there a lot of difference in battery life between scopes, or do I just buy a multi-pack of batteries and accept this as reality?

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigzdawg wrote:
Thanks all, this has given me a great start.

Guntrader, PM sent.

one more general question on the subject of batteries, is there a lot of difference in battery life between scopes, or do I just buy a multi-pack of batteries and accept this as reality?

Kinda depends on what optic you decide to go with, the Aimpoint PRO has like a 50K hour run time on a fresh set of Batteries. I'm not 100% sure what the Eotechs are but 50K hours is pretty impressive.

I also like the no Batteries option like in the PA 1-4.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We're talking about actual magnified optics? aka glass? or red dots?

If we're still talking about magnified optics, at this price point, a conversation on battery life is rare because magnified illuminated optics are less prevalent, and the focus on both manufacturer and consumer seems to be more towards turret dials/holding zero/repeatable accuracy.
If we're talking red dots, then there are models (even some low-cost models) that will approach aimpoint battery life (like Holosun 503c).

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just assumed 'glass' meant a magnified optic.

What is he wanting?

A cheap red dot might be the best option if he's just starting out.

ETA- Just looked back at the first post. He might think he wants a scope but after using it might not like it. You've got some great suggestions already: Primary Arms and the deal at Cabela's that Chuck posted are probably your best bets. SWFA can have some good deals too so I would check them out. I have one of there SS scopes on an 18" barreled AR and really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:22 pm

I have two of these cheap Centerpoint 1-4x scopes. They appear to be identical to the Cabela's model but without the BDC reticle. For $75 includes cantilever mount that will put at the correct height for most ARs with a standard fixed front sight. At this price point I was not expecting much (just enough for a .22LR) but honestly it is a better scope than the older Primary Arms 1-4x that I have, which I considered the lowest entry point to the 1-4x game.

I started with one on a Sig 522 and liked it enough that I picked up a second to beat on a little harder just to see what it could handle. It has stood up to several hundred rounds of semi-auto .308 and 7.62 NATO surplus via a Zastava M77 AK with no issue.

You said cheapest, so... I don't think you'll find anything cheaper than this that isn't getting into airsoft territory.

https://www.amazon.com/Centerpoint-1-4x ... B00AL1Y2IY

Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next