Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Tailor/alterations  
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Suit afficianados. Some of us like cigars others bbq and others watches and suits.

So I like carrying a smaller gun with my suits because it makes a smaller impact on how things fit. But I was curious if there were any tailors or alteration dry cleaners you guys may have used (has experience) to let out a sports or suit jacket to allow for less printing on a well fitting jacket. Then I can carry my sigs!

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:25 am

Lots of tailors in Seattle and Bellevue. I'd go for an old guy that's been doing it for 40 years vs a Korean that is hard to understand, so you get what you want

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Back in DC there are a few tailors who customize suits or produce bespoke work for clients in the LE agencies headquartered there. It was pretty common to have bespoke suits made for professional carry in high humidity areas. Neat stuff if you're a suit geek.

Around here the only advice I'd offer is to ask this question on the askandy forum. Someone there will know something. Or just start hitting the better tailors in town and colleagues who are serious about suits and ask them for recommendations.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.yelp.com/biz/asap-alterations-bothell

ASAP Alterations

Been going to her for over a decade. Her and her crew are legit. Walk into her shop and you'll get the feeling that she knows what she's doing. She'll even tell you she's the shit!

+82 positive feedback on SGN

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 am

Get an extra layer of lining placed in the area where the firearm will be. Until I started doing that, most all of the liners in my suits and even some coats were worn through. Any competent tailor could do it. It happened to shirts too, but I considered those consumables/disposables. The more aggressive the grips, the quicker it will happen.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]