Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:02 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What AK trigger to get? 

Quote:
I'd definitely buy it for $19! Cheapest I see is about $33 + FS.

https://www.preppergunshop.com/century- ... p-ak-rak-1

I ordered mine from these guys. Had never heard of them. FCGs showed up a few days later even with standard ground.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are we talking pap pistol ? If so nothing says you have to go american made i went back to standard military that i cleaned up with my dremel then added a pin retainer instead of the shepperds hook.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My ak tapco trigger is just at nice as my ar cmc trigger. IMO definitely not worth spending more..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

heavychevy1 wrote:
My ak tapco trigger is just at nice as my ar cmc trigger. IMO definitely not worth spending more..

My tapcos, a couple regular and a g2, both felt just like a standard mil spec AR trigger. Creep, rough, heavy.
You must've gotten lucky.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:27 am

hkcavalier wrote:
mancat wrote:
I recently tried out the Century RAK-1 and ultimately replaced all seven G2s I have with it - I found some on sale for $19. We all joke about Century but honestly they have a hidden gem here.

The RAK-1 includes a double-hook trigger that will work in any single hook receiver. It has a simulated two-stage pull with a light break, but not as light as the ALG, which I feel is a bit too light. The couple of times I've shot an ALG it required almost zero effort to break it. I understand some like that light break, but it's not for me.

The RAK hammer is also very smoothly profiled and does not hang up the carrier like the typical G2 hammer does, resulting in very smooth cycling.

I will never touch a G2 again, especially not after I had several G2s eat their disconnector and begin doubling, which is why I set out to replace them with something else. The RAK-1 is a far better FCG, at half the price. It's not as nice as an ALG but it's close and reviews on AKfiles will back that up.

I'd definitely buy it for $19! Cheapest I see is about $33 + FS.
Joe Bob's has the akt el for 33 bucks

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm

How does the akt compare to the akt ul?

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:48 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rix86 wrote:
heavychevy1 wrote:

My tapcos, a couple regular and a g2, both felt just like a standard mil spec AR trigger. Creep, rough, heavy.

Yeah I think the g2's are inconsistent. I have one in a mak90 that is waaaaay too light for an AK. Hold the rifle too loose and it will accidentally bump fire.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

xr650r wrote:
Are we talking pap pistol ? If so nothing says you have to go american made i went back to standard military that i cleaned up with my dremel then added a pin retainer instead of the shepperds hook.

I don't need it for parts compliance, just to have a better trigger. I had to Dremel the factory one so it wouldn't interfere with the safety, which to me seemed odd. Serbians should know how to build an AK. I already have the Tapco plate installed.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
heavychevy1 wrote:

A good manufactureer of AK's will polish the trigger. The G2 I got with my AK from DDI is AWESOME!!

Divided we fall.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered the RAK-1 for $19.99+S&H. I'll post up my impressions once I get it installed.

Everything I read online stated the RAK-1 and RAK-1 N-PAP were dimensionally identical (guys even took calipers to 'em) so not sure what Century is trying to pull off.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ALG makes good stuff

https://algdefense.com/akt-el.html

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:15 am

hkcavalier wrote:
Ordered the RAK-1 for $19.99+S&H. I'll post up my impressions once I get it installed.

Everything I read online stated the RAK-1 and RAK-1 N-PAP were dimensionally identical (guys even took calipers to 'em) so not sure what Century is trying to pull off.

I've seen a few posts mention that the normal RAK-1 disconnector will get hit by the Yugo safety when installing (but can be quickly modified to fit), while the Yugo model won't. Seems like an engineering afterthought, and little reason why both models shouldn't be the same.

I need to buy a couple more for my Yugos, so I guess I'll find out.

I've had these RAK-1s in a number of other AKs for months now and been very happy with them.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mancat wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:

I've seen a few posts mention that the normal RAK-1 disconnector will get hit by the Yugo safety when installing (but can be quickly modified to fit), while the Yugo model won't. Seems like an engineering afterthought, and little reason why both models shouldn't be the same.

I need to buy a couple more for my Yugos, so I guess I'll find out.

I've had these RAK-1s in a number of other AKs for months now and been very happy with them.

I guess I'll find out. It would be a shame if I had to Dremel this trigger too.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2