Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Norhwest Overland Rally - firearms question 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Rally is this week and I was wondering about any legal issues with taking a firearm. I know it's illegal to carry a firearm at a music festival. Does that same law cover the Rally?

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:05 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

DSynger wrote:
The Rally is this week and I was wondering about any legal issues with taking a firearm. I know it's illegal to carry a firearm at a music festival. Does that same law cover the Rally?

Is your rally:
Definitions.

For the purposes of this chapter the following words and phrases shall have the indicated meanings:
(1) "Applicant" means the promoter who has the right of control of the conduct of an outdoor music festival who applies to the appropriate legislative authority for a license to hold an outdoor music festival.
(2) "Issuing authority" means the legislative body of the local governmental unit where the site for an outdoor music festival is located.
(3) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.
(4) "Participate" means to knowingly provide or deliver to the festival site supplies, materials, food, lumber, beverages, sound equipment, generators, or musical entertainment and/or to attend a music festival. A person shall be presumed to have knowingly provided as that phrase is used herein after he or she has been served with a court order.
(5) "Promoter" means any person or other legal entity issued a permit to conduct an outdoor music festival.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It doesn't really have anything to do with music. So I guess that shoots that down.

Any other laws that might be a problem? I looked through them, but couldn't find any. I just want to make sure I'm not missing or misreading anything.

Also, if anyone had been before if there were restrictions in place by the promoter. I didn't see anything about firearms.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been to the last 3. No issues that I would see. I carried there but typically concealed. It's a low key and fun rally. Maybe put it away if you partake in the after party.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:56 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

RCW 70.108.020 was specifically written for The Gorge after a shooting a few years back.

Kinda like Tacoma's speed camera, only city in WA it applies to.

RCW 46.63.170
Automated traffic safety cameras—Definition.
(b) Except as provided in (c) of this subsection, use of automated traffic safety cameras is restricted to the following locations only: (i) Intersections of two arterials with traffic control signals that have yellow change interval durations in accordance with RCW 47.36.022, which interval durations may not be reduced after placement of the camera; (ii) railroad crossings; and (iii) school speed zones.

(c) Any city west of the Cascade mountains with a population of more than one hundred ninety-five thousand located in a county with a population of fewer than one million five hundred thousand may operate an automated traffic safety camera to detect speed violations subject to the following limitations:
(i) A city may only operate one such automated traffic safety camera within its respective jurisdiction; and
(ii) The use and location of the automated traffic safety camera must have first been authorized by the Washington state legislature as a pilot project for at least one full year.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Concealed is concealed.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Guntrader wrote:
RCW 70.108.020 was specifically written for The Gorge after a shooting a few years back.

I had thought it was mainly for Bumbershoot.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:38 pm

you'll just have to watch out for any Westy Syncro drivers they will immediately dial 911 at any talk or sight of a gun

edit ps: thinking about taking my son in a year or two when he's patient enough, anyone have any reports/stories on how it goes? Used to wheel a lot but these days I just have one light trail/camping/hunting rig. The OR looked like it would be an easy couple days' trail ride and camp for him

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rally in Plain WA?
Touratech?
No issues, there'll be more than a few people strapped and the off-road tours/classes is out on state land, just stay outta​ the alcohol zone.

Edit- just checked dates, Touratech rally the following wknd, but at same place. Never been an issue with firearms on the property, and at least 50% carrying.
Add on the trips on the WBDR, zero reason not.
Alcohol consumption there can get outta hand, so be aware.
Fucked place for available shade that isn't taken up and feel like sitting in a frying pan, pound the water hard!

We avoid trips on the trails during rally dates now and bypass the entire area. Coming around a corner with 50 jeeps balling through not only makes going into the ditch a shorts stainer, but takes the dust all day to settle!

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mancat wrote:
you'll just have to watch out for any Westy Syncro drivers they will immediately dial 911 at any talk or sight of a gun

Why would they freak out?

Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:15 pm

golddigger14s wrote:
mancat wrote:

Why would they freak out?

Just a joke, I've worked with a couple guys that are huge into those things over the years, both huge anti gun leftists. The VW van crowd overall seems to fit in that camp.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]