Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 AR Pistol brace recommendations 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just scratched a long standing itch and ordered a PSA pistol kit ( good deal this weekend).

So, what are the good choices on braces? It will be used for casual plinking and maybe as a home defender.

Thanks

Thu May 25, 2017 8:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.primaryarms.com/shockwave-blade-pistol-stabilizer-black-kak-shkwv-blk

Thu May 25, 2017 8:50 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I LOVE the KAK brace referenced above! But I also really like the Thorsden Cheek rest:

http://www.thordsencustoms.com/ar-ak-st ... dle-black/

Thu May 25, 2017 9:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great suggestions . I had to jump on the KAK brace at $35! Sill intrested in the other options. By budget still has a bit of room to tinker with a couple choices.

Thanks

Thu May 25, 2017 9:33 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Bxc53 wrote:
Great suggestions . I had to jump on the KAK brace at $35! Sill intrested in the other options. By budget still has a bit of room to tinker with a couple choices.

Thanks

You won't regret it. Much better IMO than a SigBrace.

Thu May 25, 2017 9:59 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I like my KAK brace.

Thu May 25, 2017 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bxc53 wrote:

Thanks

I too have tried about every pistol brace/stabilizer out there and I like the KAK blade the best. Rememberr this though, the KAK blade at PA was $34.99, to get the best versatility out of it you need to get the dimpled tube that goes with it. My understanding is that it will fit other tubes but I've never tried them. I really like the dimpled tube that was made for it because the dimples prevent the blade from spinning or moving forward or backward and gives you a positive lock on whatever position you choose for LOP.

Thu May 25, 2017 11:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
I too have tried about every pistol brace/stabilizer out there and I like the KAK blade the best. Rememberr this though, the KAK blade at PA was $34.99, to get the best versatility out of it you need to get the dimpled tube that goes with it. My understanding is that it will fit other tubes but I've never tried them. I really like the dimpled tube that was made for it because the dimples prevent the blade from spinning or moving forward or backward and gives you a positive lock on whatever position you choose for LOP.

:plusone:
KAK Shockwave Blade with dimpled buffer tube, for the win.

The Sig Brace is bigger, heavier, and more expensive - that's 3 strikes.

Thu May 25, 2017 11:31 am

I have a Thordsen on my AR. It works well with the iron sights of my 11 1/2" pistol and my EO Tech on my 5.7 pistol upper.

http://www.thordsencustoms.com/ar-pistol/

Fri May 26, 2017 8:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a Thorsden for sale. Like new condition. Took it out of the packaging and loosely assembled the parts. Held it up to, but never mounted it on the gun I was going to use it on and figured it wasn't going to work with my application.

Will save you tax and shipping if you buy it from me $60

http://seattleguns.net/showthread.php?212570-FS-Thorsden-Enhanced-AR-AK-Pistol-Cheek-Rest&highlight=thorsden

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat May 27, 2017 12:40 pm

KAK blade without the tube is useless

I have the PSA 11.5" upper on an Anderson lower. I think I dropped less than 500 on this. Even put a cheap Amazon Fieldsport $20 dot on it - pretty much identical to the older Primary Arms one. Intended for it to be a toy, then discovered it's dead balls accurate and has never had a hiccup from the very first round

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mancat wrote:
KAK blade without the tube is useless

I have the PSA 11.5" upper on an Anderson lower. I think I dropped less than 500 on this. Even put a cheap Amazon Fieldsport $20 dot on it - pretty much identical to the older Primary Arms one. Intended for it to be a toy, then discovered it's dead balls accurate and has never had a hiccup from the very first round

Thanks. I went with all the good advise and have the KAK blade and tube in hand. Of course still waiting for the PSA kit. Their (In)famous shipping times are still in effect it seems.

Mancat: Thanks for the pic and description of your pistol. It's an almost identical config to the one I'm putting together, once PSA and UPS feel like getting it to me... :frust:

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]