Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:42 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 My PSA Dissipator AR isn't stripping the next round UPDATE 

dreadi wrote:
I might step my foot into a big pile of poo for this.

I do not believe an AR should shoot fine with cheap ammo just because it's an AR. Every machine has tolerances. Yours may be of such that it needs more gas from different ammo. It could be a number of other things too.

We have two ARs in the house that were giving me a fit by not locking on the bolt face after the last round. They would lock back on the carrier. I spent a lot of money and did a lot of things and not of it worked. What consistently worked was changing how I held the rifle. Comparably I was limp wristing the rifles.

If you have problems every couple rounds or so, perhaps it is the ammo that's not made with consistency.

Before you spend $60 on adjustable gas block, find out if lets more gas pass through than one you have. Perhaps you need to open the port on the gas tube to allow gas through with less restriction.

And then there's buffer weight and spring tension.

If the rifle stops working based on how you're holding it, there is still something wrong with it.

The lowest bar I'll set is Wolf and all of my ARs run 100% on it.

If your AR won't run Wolf it also may not keep running on M193 if it's fouled up and filthy, too cold, too dry, etc.

I'll pass on Tula as I once had a lot so bad (wild case neck length variations, case rust) that it would jam in the chamber on a Saiga .223

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3