Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Carve out in Illinois law? SA and RRA SELL OUT!! 

Shame. I had an M1A on my to-buy list. Guess I'll have to save up a little more and pick up a Fulton Armory rifle.

reginald_burrito wrote:
No. I don't think S&W learned anything. They still don't offer no-lock revolvers. It's not hurting sales enough to matter.

They do make the 642/442 with the option of not having an internal lock. The Pro-Series 640 doesn't come with an internal lock either. Hopefully they expand this option to more guns.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a few Springfields. I will consider them "Pre-sellout" guns and keep them.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOW:

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/spri ... act-sb1657

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon May 01, 2017 7:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh sure. Blame the people paid to lobby on your behalf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon May 01, 2017 7:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rock River Arms released a very similar statement at almost exactly the same time.

http://rockriverarms.com/images/pdfs/RRA_Stmt17.pdf

Quote:
For immediate release: May 1, 2017

Rock River Arms, Inc.® (RRA) wants to assure the Illinois (and national) firearms community that we are still 100 percent opposed to the Gun Dealer Licensing Act – SB1657, the house version of the same bill, and any potential final legislation that may come from those bills along with any other infringements on the gun rights of law-abiding citizens everywhere.

For more than twenty years, Rock River Arms and Springfield Armory have actively opposed gun control legislation at the local, state, and federal levels. In 2009, we partnered with other manufacturers to form an organization geared towards representing our interests – The Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association (IFMA). Historically, that organization has done well in representing us in Springfield, Illinois. We had no reason to believe that it was doing anything beyond representing the firearms community’s (Illinois firearms manufacturers, dealers and gun owners) best interests, keeping us well-informed on relevant legislation and issues, acting on our behalf. In the case of SB1657, there was a disconnect and that representation was misguided.

While we do believe that IFMA acted in what it felt was the best interests of its members, we were as shocked as everyone else to find ourselves exempted from provisions of SB1657 and that IFMA was no longer opposing that bill, even though RRA still opposed it.

Again, Rock River Arms wants to emphasize (regardless of anything that may have been said or done, mistakenly or otherwise, by any other party on our behalf) its continued total opposition to SB1657, the Illinois House version of the bill and any final legislation that may emerge. This includes any provisions found in Gun Dealer Licensing Act SB1657, along with any other threats that may infringe upon our gun rights.

If you have any further questions or require more information about our position, please contact:

Sarah Larson, General Manager or Steve Mayer, LE, Government, and International Sales Manager at 309-792-5780.

Thank you.

Chuck Larson President/Owner Rock River Arms, Inc.

Mon May 01, 2017 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

reginald_burrito wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
reginald_burrito wrote:
That's a real shame. I'm guessing they'll learn, just like Ruger did.

you mean S&W, right?

No. I don't think S&W learned anything. They still don't offer no-lock revolvers. It's not hurting sales enough to matter.

OK, so how did Ruger learn a lesson??

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon May 01, 2017 7:29 pm
Profile WWW

Bill Ruger sent this in a letter to everyone in Congress,

The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives.

William B. Ruger

He retired as chairman of the board in 2000.

His son took over and retired himself in 2006.

Soon after Ruger... the company, not either of the men, released their first 30 round Mini-14 mags to the public. Followed by the BX25 for the 10/22. Since then there have been more carry type pistols, LCP, LC9, LC9S, and more "tactical" styled rifles like the Precision. They moved from what many considered a "Fudd," type company ("nobody needs that many round, or nobody needs a sniper rifle to hunt with") to one that is making guns the modern shooter wants.

Mon May 01, 2017 10:55 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sooo.. Pitchforks are stowed, or at a low ready?

Tue May 02, 2017 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And SA and RRA have raised the white flag in the shape of boxer shorts in stupid surrender.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue May 02, 2017 5:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

I think low ready? It seems like there is still a lot of discussion/anger going on, and this morning the Truth About Guns posted an article detailing some of the questionable political contributions that the IFMA has made to anti-gun Illinois politicians:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... liticians/

Tue May 02, 2017 9:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

Not enough for me to consider buying from them.

Tue May 02, 2017 9:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMC wrote:
They do make the 642/442 with the option of not having an internal lock. The Pro-Series 640 doesn't come with an internal lock either. Hopefully they expand this option to more guns.

Good to know, thank you. I hope the same, at least for the sake of having options.

Tue May 02, 2017 9:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

reginald_burrito wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
reginald_burrito wrote:
That's a real shame. I'm guessing they'll learn, just like Ruger did.

you mean S&W, right?

I still haven't forgiven Colt for dropping consumer firearms, or pistols, or whatever it was when they tried to appease Democrats back in the day. Screw them! IMO that was worse than this thing (which I don't really understand), the Ruger or S&W crap.

Thu May 11, 2017 4:47 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Springfield Sez:

"The Executive Director of the Illinois Firearm Manufacturers Association (IFMA) acted without our prior knowledge and against our principles and those of the industry as a whole with respect to the Gun Dealer Licensing Act. We no longer have confidence in IFMA and after speaking to other directors we have made the decision to sever all ties with the organization, effective immediately.

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/spri ... t-sb1657-0

Thu May 11, 2017 4:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn... I liked both companies. My RRA ARs are accurate and reliable, my XDS and the Ms I've had were top notch... I really don't care what they say from now on, the exemption for them is still on the bill and its too easy to play the innocent when you win either way.

Time for a substitute for the RRA 2-stage NM triggers I had on the list. Maybe Geissele SSA-E?

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Fri May 12, 2017 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next