Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 AR's at Kenmore? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
No issues like this at Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club.

I second that. This is one of the reasons I chose SVRC.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SixPointEight wrote:
tenxambition wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
Why does the same "logic" not apply to pistols? Dipshit rules.

When was the last time you saw a pistol slam fire?

Actually I've seen 2. A rental Beretta (with ungodly numbers of round through it). Part of the sear broke I think, hammer was following the slide home and it would shoot through the whole mag. Second was a Glock 22. Something got stuck in the striker channel somehow, striker was sticking forward.

You illustrate why there are rules at ranges. Those who make them work on the theory of "If it can happen, it will happen, but not here if we don't allow certain practices".

Face it. NOBODY likes rules that keep them from doing whatever they want. Look at the Freeway for a perfect example. How many drivers view the speed LIMIT signs as merely "Suggested Speeds" then piss and moan when they get a ticket for driving 25% over those limits?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
tenxambition wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
Quote:
All centerfire rifles will be loaded one round at a time. Rimfire .22’s may be loaded with no more than 5 rounds at a time.

Why does the same "logic" not apply to pistols? Dipshit rules.

When was the last time you saw a pistol slam fire?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

When was the last time you drew a royal flush?

My point exactly. Semiautomatic rifles on the other hand, especially but not limited too SKS's and to a much lesser extent AR-15s have a high enough probability of slam firing. With a constant high volume of shooters the chance of a bad incident is reasonably probable. This is why I believe the one round limit is in place.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Overly cautious rule, will drive people away. Regardless of how common you think slam fires are. I probably saw over two million rounds down range in 4 years and saw a whopping 2 guns slam fire.

It's not my range, so I don't make the rules. I just decide who gets my money

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SixPointEight wrote:
Overly cautious rule, will drive people away. Regardless of how common you think slam fires are. I probably saw over two million rounds down range in 4 years and saw a whopping 2 guns slam fire.

Exactly. They can limit their liability reductio ad absurdum. They will be simultaneously limiting their income from me and people like me. Sounds like thats not an issue for them; like I said there is an abundance of idiots in this world. That way we stay happy and the dunces that go to ranges with derpshit rules stay happy because we never have to shoot on the same range! Win-win-win! Yay freedom!

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've read three pages so far and finally decided to add my .02
Someone above said that it is a busy range and had people waiting.
I'd bet that of those people, a good share of them were new to that range.
I'd also bet that the large majority of them will never go back.

Our population is growing with new shooters. The amount of places to shoot is shrinking.

Once people figure out what a F U place that is, they won't be back.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SixPointEight wrote:

Yet with "all those people that are driven away", the range continues to be busier and busier with waiting lists on weekends for shooting positions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:35 am

deadshot2 wrote:
SixPointEight wrote:

Yet with "all those people that are driven away", the range continues to be busier and busier with waiting lists on weekends for shooting positions.

There's a long wait for help at the DMV too. Doesn't mean I go there any time I don't have to. There will always be people who don't know better, or put up with it because they're too lazy to drive any further, or people who like it.

There will also be people who dont. If their main customer base likes it, why change anything? Why drive away your customer base to attract a new one? You don't. You do what works for you, and the others will go elsewhere.

The fact that every range has a line on weekends tells you it's a supply and demand issue, not that people think that single loading is the best thing since sliced bread

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
EmbraceTheEdge wrote:
I'm sure there are some really great people there but reading this thread, it doesn't sound like a place I'd like to go.

Then go up to the "Plantation" range run by Whatcom County Parks. It's closer to you anyway.

If one thinks Kenmore sucks, 1) then why is it so busy? 2) feel free to go to any of the other ranges. That's what life is. Don't like shopping in one store, hit the next one.

I go to a number of ranges and "pits", so I am "hitting the next one" and am freely doing so. I like going to new ones every once in a while though. I know it's personal for you, but one round at a time, super busy, waiting lists... Doesn't sound like fun to me.

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:54 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

This could possibly be solved by the upcoming north shoot

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Clearly I don't post a lot. But some of the comments here are absurd.

kenmore is absolutely a great gun club.
I've had nothing but great experiences there. Typically people reference crotchety old guys when they are doing something they shouldn't be. Plus everyone that works the rifle range are good people.

And for you tacticool terry types. That need a 40 round mag. Stay away! We don't want you there anyway. Your the people that will get a place like that shut down. Chances are 90% of the people that need more than one round at a time, aren't gonna hit the target past 25 yards consistently anyways.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kane wrote:
Clearly I don't post a lot. But some of the comments here are absurd.

kenmore is absolutely a great gun club.
I've had nothing but great experiences there. Typically people reference crotchety old guys when they are doing something they shouldn't be. Plus everyone that works the rifle range are good people.

And for you tacticool terry types. That need a 40 round mag. Stay away! We don't want you there anyway. Your the people that will get a place like that shut down. Chances are 90% of the people that need more than one round at a time, aren't gonna hit the target past 25 yards consistently anyways.

And .22LR has killed more people than any other caliber in the history of evar right?

mmmmkay. thumbsup

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a member at Kenmore, but I rarely go and I do use all of the ranges.

I do think some of the rules are "Because we've always done it that way". The people who are willing to spend their time running the club are often the same people. I can't afford the time, so, I have to live with what they do. One rule I particularly hate is I can't shoot standing, even on the member's range. I have a couple of rifles that you do NOT shoot from a bench if you value your shoulder at all. (Dangerous Game calibers)

As a member, one can use the non-public ranges at non-public times. That makes it worthwhile. No crowds. Of course, you have to go to "training" once a year.

A club official explained it to me as "Kenmore is a marksmanship range". In this case, that means holes in the center of a paper target, I believe.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:34 am

Kane wrote:

Proving my point. Like something I don't like? Go away.

Need more than one round at a time? One round groups are always perfect aren't they! Some people prefer to shoot their dot drills with 10 round mags loaded so they can focus on actuating the bolt with minimal impact on shooting position and sight alignment. Magazines aren't just for AR15s now a days old-timer.

But again, anything that isn't our way is stupid and should be banned is the same mentality that shotgun shooters took when the lawmakers in CA came for pistols and rifles. Your attitude divides the hobby, and it's people who think like you that will stand by and watch as WA tries to copycat CA

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rodell wrote:
I'm a member at Kenmore, but I rarely go and I do use all of the ranges.

I do think some of the rules are "Because we've always done it that way". The people who are willing to spend their time running the club are often the same people. I can't afford the time, so, I have to live with what they do. One rule I particularly hate is I can't shoot standing, even on the member's range. I have a couple of rifles that you do NOT shoot from a bench if you value your shoulder at all. (Dangerous Game calibers)

As a member, one can use the non-public ranges at non-public times. That makes it worthwhile. No crowds. Of course, you have to go to "training" once a year.

A club official explained it to me as "Kenmore is a marksmanship range". In this case, that means holes in the center of a paper target, I believe.

One can practice marksmanship while having multiple rounds in a magazine. Ever been to an Appleseed shoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:47 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next