Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 AR's at Kenmore? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I should have kept it simple. Kenmore is a good place.
i shall not participate in an online pissing match.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rodell wrote:
I'm a member at Kenmore, but I rarely go and I do use all of the ranges.

I do think some of the rules are "Because we've always done it that way". The people who are willing to spend their time running the club are often the same people. I can't afford the time, so, I have to live with what they do. One rule I particularly hate is I can't shoot standing, even on the member's range. I have a couple of rifles that you do NOT shoot from a bench if you value your shoulder at all. (Dangerous Game calibers)

As a member, one can use the non-public ranges at non-public times. That makes it worthwhile. No crowds. Of course, you have to go to "training" once a year.

A club official explained it to me as "Kenmore is a marksmanship range". In this case, that means holes in the center of a paper target, I believe.

Jesus Christ what a fucking joke.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kane wrote:
I should have kept it simple. Kenmore is a good place.
i shall not participate in an online pissing match.

Even if its only one shot at a time? :snipersmilie:

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rodell wrote:
. One rule I particularly hate is I can't shoot standing, even on the member's range. I have a couple of rifles that you do NOT shoot from a bench if you value your shoulder at all. (Dangerous Game calibers)

You can shoot standing on the member's range. All you need to do is go to an orientation and qualification session for "Position Shooting". Held one Sunday a month and your "special use qualification" for whatever position you qualify for is good for 10 years.

The qualification is merely there to have one demonstrate that they can score a whole Five points out of 50 on a standard bullseye target. That essentially means you merely have to put 5 shots on a standard target, anywhere on the paper. They just want to know that you can hit paper instead of trees, safety baffles, etc. The whole process is simple enough that even those who "don't have the time" can make it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I only go to Kenmore for the archery walkthrough, it helps me get into my zen.

annalee, pm incoming

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SixPointEight wrote:
Kane wrote:
And for you tacticool terry types. That need a 40 round mag. Stay away! We don't want you there anyway. Your the people that will get a place like that shut down. Chances are 90% of the people that need more than one round at a time, aren't gonna hit the target past 25 yards consistently anyways.

Proving my point. Like something I don't like? Go away.

Need more than one round at a time? One round groups are always perfect aren't they! Some people prefer to shoot their dot drills with 10 round mags loaded so they can focus on actuating the bolt with minimal impact on shooting position and sight alignment. Magazines aren't just for AR15s now a days old-timer.

But again, anything that isn't our way is stupid and should be banned is the same mentality that shotgun shooters took when the lawmakers in CA came for pistols and rifles. Your attitude divides the hobby, and it's people who think like you that will stand by and watch as WA tries to copycat CA

I think you, and others, are missing the whole point at the Kenmore Shooting Range. It's a PRIVATE CLUB that opens it's ranges at certain hours to the public. It's NOT a public range in the sense it's run by a parks department. This PRIVATE club has to buy expensive insurance and also has the issue of being more closely situated to homes than almost all other shooting ranges. Call it stupid or elitist all you want. Those of us that are members want to see the club's ranges remain there for use for many years to come. Quite a few attempts have been made to shut it down and many of the "rules" have come about in order to fend off those attempts.

Some accept the rules and use the ranges. Some refuse and stay away. Those who don't like the rules are certainly free to shoot elsewhere. What members like about Kenmore is that it's an all-weather range. Snow? No problem. Rain falling like a cow pissing on a flat rock? No problem. Good luck shooting in the "pits" under those conditions.

Again, PRIVATE club that opens the ranges to the public for part of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
rodell wrote:
I'm a member at Kenmore, but I rarely go and I do use all of the ranges.

I do think some of the rules are "Because we've always done it that way". The people who are willing to spend their time running the club are often the same people. I can't afford the time, so, I have to live with what they do. One rule I particularly hate is I can't shoot standing, even on the member's range. I have a couple of rifles that you do NOT shoot from a bench if you value your shoulder at all. (Dangerous Game calibers)

As a member, one can use the non-public ranges at non-public times. That makes it worthwhile. No crowds. Of course, you have to go to "training" once a year.

A club official explained it to me as "Kenmore is a marksmanship range". In this case, that means holes in the center of a paper target, I believe.

Jesus Christ what a fucking joke.

Which part?

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
What members like about Kenmore is that it's an all-weather range. Snow? No problem. Rain falling like a cow pissing on a flat rock? No problem. Good luck shooting in the "pits" under those conditions.

I have very little in this fight. I love that Kenmore pisses off the neighbors! I also strongly dislike rules that hamper semi-auto weapons fire. But...if you live on the "wet" side of the state and let rain (however much) stop you from outdoor activities...you are SO fucked! I will (and have done so) hike a mile to a shooting pit in pouring rain, shoot for couple hrs and then go home. If you live here, and you allow the weather to dictate your activities...you are...wait for it.....SOOOO FUCKED!

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:20 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Don't go there if you don't like their rules. Join them if you want to change the rules. We are done trying to bash them for their rules.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4