Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Official "I'm going shooting" Thread 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Paul Bunyan IDPA match tomorrow AM...supposed to be clear and like 40 degrees.... :AR15firing:

New shooter meeting at 8:30 for anyone interested.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All these ranges that have a round limit should go take Ferguson to lunch, and kiss his ass. I load all my 20/30/110 round mags the night before I go shooting so I don't have to screw with reloading when I could be shooting. :blackcloud1:
Evergreen Sportsmen's club will get my business. :bigsmile:

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I fully plan to be at WCA in the gold section tomorrow night with my new V-93!

Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:32 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Custer USPSA match tomorrow ...check in 8:30, match starts 10:00.

Weather iffy for those less hardy.....Ill be there.

Step outside your box.

:thumbsup2:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Going to ESC today to dial in the new loads for the XDM 5.25. Got to get ready for the Action Pistol League at MCSA on Tuesday evening. :thumbsup2:

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to local range today to test a small batch of reloads. Tomorrow going to my first IHMSA match in a year down near San Antonio.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:55 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

chasehooks wrote:
Going to ESC today to dial in the new loads for the XDM 5.25. Got to get ready for the Action Pistol League at MCSA on Tuesday evening. :thumbsup2:

Your loads sucked... :ROFLMAO:

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
chasehooks wrote:

Your loads sucked... :ROFLMAO:

You only stuck around for 1 shot! Too bad I didn't have the .454 to test your chest :bigsmile: plate. I'm pretty happy with the 200gr HBFP. Started out a little more spread out but got better as I shot. Thought it was pretty good for 20 yards, at least for me! The 200gr HHP weren't too bad but the Factory 230gr Winchester Ranger T's had double the spread.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Going to MCSA tonight to shoot my first Action Pistol League. It will be my first attempt at anything more than yearly qualifying as an MP or C/O, neither of which I've done in over 13 years. :popcorn:

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chasehooks wrote:
Going to MCSA tonight to shoot my first Action Pistol League. It will be my first attempt at anything more than yearly qualifying as an MP or C/O, neither of which I've done in over 13 years. :popcorn:

Have fun and good luck. Most matches the folks are pretty friendly and more than happy to show you the ropes. What range are you going to BTW?

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's Tuesday and by 9:01 AM I'll be making noise. Having more fun with the 6.5 Creedmoor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
chasehooks wrote:

Have fun and good luck. Most matches the folks are pretty friendly and more than happy to show you the ropes. What range are you going to BTW?

Thanks! I went to Mason County Sportsman's Association, by the Shelton airport. It was fun, everyone was friendly, and some gave me good tips. I think I'm going to try their Steel Shoot next and then the Practical Pistol matches a few times before I go back to the Action Pistol. The combination of 1st time shooting on the move and it really the first time out shooting with a new pistol (other than load work up and sighting it in) made it to were I was focusing more on keeping my finger outside the trigger guard while moving, making sure I was shooting in the right sequence, number of shots per target, and making sure I shot from each position, all together a little overwhelming. Plus with being a revolver shooter for 40+ years I really need to work on a good pistol grip. Shooting that .454 I had for the last two years I got into the habit of crossing my thumbs at the top of the backstrap. This is the first pistol I've owned in 20 years and I really need to work on developing and getting comfortable with a good grip for it.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll be at WCA tomorrow night starting about 7:00.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to MCSA for their Practical Pistol match. It's only the 2nd one I've gone to and the first one I've shot. Last month they said that months course was the hardest but I think I would have shot it better than tonights. First, 2nd and 3rd stages (at 3, 7 and 10 yards) were low light. I'm getting old and my eyes aren't what they used to be but it was a good learning experience for me! :thumbsup2: I'm going to try to make it to my first Steel shoot there on Thursday.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to Issaquah Sportsmans club. Right now. Please don't go. I like the range being empty.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next