Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Firearms "Experts'" Faux Pas - a thread! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like the AFT official sweeping his congressional guests while trying to disassemble (No disassemble!) the GLOCK, or the representative stating a weapon is more dangerous-er if it has a 'shoulder thing that goes up, here's a thread to display the ineptitude of those who purport to have authority to speak or operate weapons more competently than we plebes.

Let's start with the facking Navy:

:facepalm2:

"Yaste, who has been in the Navy since 2006 and holds a master’s degree in astronautics from the Naval Post Graduate School. He previously served on the USS Hopper as the ship’s combat systems and weapons officer.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/navy ... b61d6f26f4

Edit: That had to have been a set up/prank?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He's proving to everyone how great of a shot he is by making it harder to see the target.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:32 am

For the Point After, note that the RAS is not properly seated into the delta ring. Jeez, *I'M* a better armorer than that!

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like chicken wings

Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:08 pm

Don't feel bad Navy, My Uncle served in the Air force in the 60's. He told me that in Basic they had one day of live fire training which consisted them getting marched out to the firing range told all to lay down in prone and being handed a pre-loaded rifle and told to point the barrels downrange. The DI's all went down the line to click the safeties off then they were ordered to aim and shoot. If there was an issue with the rifle they were to keep the guns pointed downrange and to raise their hands. That was the first and last time he was allowed to shoot a gun in the air force.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
Don't feel bad Navy, My Uncle served in the Air force in the 60's. He told me that in Basic they had one day of live fire training which consisted them getting marched out to the firing range told all to lay down in prone and being handed a pre-loaded rifle and told to point the barrels downrange. The DI's all went down the line to click the safeties off then they were ordered to aim and shoot. If there was an issue with the rifle they were to keep the guns pointed downrange and to raise their hands. That was the first and last time he was allowed to shoot a gun in the air force.

When I was in USN bootcamp, I was marching my platoon to breakfast. I was the "RPO1", so 2nd in charge of the company. The platoon was required to march along a sidewalk alongside the chow hall, and there was nowhere for the RCPO or RP01 to easily march their respective platoons, so you ended up in the grass to the left of the company up a slight hill. There was a tree along the route that had a low branch that I'd marched under by ducking my head for weeks on end. This day, the day we were going to get to shoot 1911's, I managed to duck, then stand up right into the branch, hitting me square in the forehead and knocking me down like a sack of potatoes. Instead of shooting that day, I got to get poked & prodded by corpsman for the rest of the day until they decided I probably wasn't going to die and let me go back to my company.

However, my first command was a spook site in the Azores, and we were responsible for our own self defense, so we trained quarterly with M-14's, 870's, M-16's, 1911's & 38 specials, literally inside a volcano. Plus since my real job was pretty boring, I volunteered to clean all the firearms after we came back from each training session, so I got to learn how to tear down all of the small arms we had on site. We also had a couple of M-60's & tripods, but we were never allowed to shoot them because the Portuguese Air Police (our hosts on Lajes field) didn't know we had them. So that kind of made up for the shitty day in boot camp.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
How did he do with his H&K?

:bigsmile:

jukk0u wrote:
Like the AFT official sweeping his congressional guests while trying to disassemble (No disassemble!) the GLOCK, or the representative stating a weapon is more dangerous-er if it has a 'shoulder thing that goes up, here's a thread to display the ineptitude of those who purport to have authority to speak or operate weapons more competently than we plebes.

Let's start with the facking Navy:

:facepalm2:

"Yaste, who has been in the Navy since 2006 and holds a master’s degree in astronautics from the Naval Post Graduate School. He previously served on the USS Hopper as the ship’s combat systems and weapons officer.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/navy ... b61d6f26f4

Edit: That had to have been a set up/prank?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:13 am

Wow, a higher ranking officer who only shoots once a year to qualify, who's duties and responsibilities have nothing to do with firing a rifle made a mistake? What a fucking shocker. He's not an expert, and the instructors on the ship probably were laughing their asses off when they gave that to him. Or it was hurredly slapped on for the photo op.
If this guy needs a rifle, things are truly fucked in multiple ways. The missiles and big guns failed to stop the approaching vessels, then the MAs and any Marines failed to repel the boarders, and he's the last ditch who would be deciding to go out fighting instead of surrendering.

See that pen in his pocket? That's his weapon of choice.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m not a proctologist, but I still know which hole they look through

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yeah look at all that oak leaf salad on his cover, O5/O6. Probably a division officer who's never fired before and got some GM to let him in a rifle qual. But still, SOMEONE handed that pile of shit to him.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]