Switch to full style
Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

Re: What did you do today in the world of firearms?

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:Bought that IDF parts kit. Gonna leave it as is and build it onto an 80% lower.

What is it?

Israeli AR15. Basically an M4 with a fixed carry handle, A1 type rear sight, 16 inch heavy barrel, 4-position buffer tube and A1 grip. Some real 80s shit. All of it made by Diemaco, the name Colt goes by in Canada.

Sweet it needs the Israeli sling and those bands for the stock and handguard. I want one or an m16a2 clone

You mean something like this?

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:36 pm

A bit more like this...
Minus a stripped lower of course.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Fjordforder wrote:A bit more like this...
Minus a stripped lower of course.

The only difference I see is the Colt has a better rear sight, CAR style stock and Pencil Barrel. The best part though is the Colt is not a Bushy............ :bigsmile:

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:59 pm

To be honest IDGAF about the lower, "Better" is totally subjective, pencil barrels have a negative stigma in my mind and who genuinely cares about CAR or M4 type stock? As for the lower, there`s a reason I`m milling out an 80% instead.

EDITING TO ADD

After all, it`s the Indian and not the Arrow. Having the biggest, baddest gun in the universe means nothing if a mouthbreathing knuckledragger is beating your head in with a rock.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Fjordforder wrote:To be honest IDGAF about the lower, "Better" is totally subjective, pencil barrels have a negative stigma in my mind and who genuinely cares about CAR or M4 type stock? As for the lower, there`s a reason I`m milling out an 80% instead.

GHOST GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :runforthehills:

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:03 pm

By the way, I apologize if I sound like a jaded ass (even though I know I am). Been a long, shitty week.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:04 pm

Fjordforder wrote:To be honest IDGAF about the lower, "Better" is totally subjective, pencil barrels have a negative stigma in my mind and who genuinely cares about CAR or M4 type stock? As for the lower, there`s a reason I`m milling out an 80% instead.

EDITING TO ADD

After all, it`s the Indian and not the Arrow. Having the biggest, baddest gun in the universe means nothing if a mouthbreathing knuckledragger is beating your head in with a rock.

To be honest with you I did a lot of research on what the IDF use's and as far as I can conclude it was anything they could get their hands on, a lot of the pics I looked through basically had ALL of the characteristics as this Colt, which is why I almost broke my arm getting my wallet out my pocket to snag it. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Checked out the steel match at Paul Bunyan today. Fun stages even though I shot horribly today.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Had a nice unexpected chat with a convenience store clerk about carry pieces. I had mine tucked into the top saddle pocket of my baby stroller with the grip barely exposed...or so I thought. When I walked up to the register to pay for my stuff, he looked down and said, "Shield, huh? How do you like it?" I was a little caught off guard because I was surprised he saw it, and enough to identify it, but then I smiled and said, "Yeah, it gets the job done. What about you?" He said, "I'm a Sig guy" and slid a 938 out of his front pocket. We chatted about concealed carry for a couple minutes and then I left. It's nice to be able to talk guns with perfect strangers and not have it be weird, especially in Seattle.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Bought some 5.45 in prep for a little get-together with a buddy from another forum and this at Marksman. Wondered why SAA was locked tight as a vault well within business hours.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:49 am

Rafman wrote:Checked out the steel match at Paul Bunyan today. Fun stages even though I shot horribly today.

Nice. That's a really great, fun match that has all levels of competitors, from total newbies to very seasoned, fast shooters. Was one of my favorite matches in WA and definitely miss it. Ringing steel is a lot of fun :bigsmile:

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Put Talon grips on my Canik TP9SFX. If you ever put them on make sure you have hair dryer/heat gun.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Mailed my FFL application.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Ordered a Vortex Venom for my TP9SFX.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 pm

usrifle wrote:Ordered a Vortex Venom for my TP9SFX.

It's a nice set up. I have the Vortex on my TP9SFX as well. I'm still adjusting to using a red dot.
Post a reply