Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 499, 500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505 ... 878  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WaJim wrote:
the_chadman wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Passed on buying a 38/357 Rossi lever gun for "cheap" because I'm done buying cheap shit.

I didnt even ask how much....

I Need to sell my cheap shit gun(s)

Not get moar.

Hey man those Rossi .357 are the bee's knees jack I don't care what you say!
They're also getting a little scarce in that caliber too.
You shoulda bought it if the price was right, just sayin.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Its still there for the takin...what are they worth and are the Taurus ones worth a shit?

Standard blued model? $300-$400. Stainless higher. 20" barrel higher yet. Rossi .357 is the only lever I've found that will reliably feed .38spl SWC

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can only speak for mine, a 16" stainless model made by Taurus.
It's a straight shooter and has had no problems with feeding any .357. The previous owner said it fed .38 spl fine too but have no experience with that yet. The action is nothing to write home about but functions fine. Mine has some rough tooling marks (see pics) but nothing that stops me from enjoying the gun. Pass if you want a show piece, buy if you want a shooter. I would personally pay up to $450 if I didn't already have one. My 2¢
ImageImage

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to the range with my youngest daughter. Shot the Tavor converted to 9mm. That was pretty fun and sounded like it was suppressed. Mags are not fun to load though. Bought a midget rifle case for it. Now I need an optic for that thing.

Then we shot the dreaded Battleship target - trading every 5 rounds using a German P226. One of the last German made P226, model E26R-9-B-GER.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Started buying things for my final 2 ar builds.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mmalleck wrote:
Went to the range with my youngest daughter. Shot the Tavor converted to 9mm. That was pretty fun and sounded like it was suppressed. Mags are not fun to load though.

That uses the Colt-style mags, right? Yeah, those are a major BITCH to load.

Buy the LULA, you'll be a much happier man: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10151 ... -9mm-luger

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
mmalleck wrote:
Went to the range with my youngest daughter. Shot the Tavor converted to 9mm. That was pretty fun and sounded like it was suppressed. Mags are not fun to load though.

That uses the Colt-style mags, right? Yeah, those are a major BITCH to load.

Buy the LULA, you'll be a much happier man: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10151 ... -9mm-luger

They stagger like an AR mag, but rounds kind of roll into place with a LOT of pressure. Thanks for the magloader link. I have a couple of the Lula pistol mag loaders - may as well add one more.

The way the Tavor shot, now I'm interested in an AR 9mm. It would be much lighter, and the sights would be closer to the bore.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:35 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mmalleck wrote:
They stagger like an AR mag, but rounds kind of roll into place with a LOT of pressure. Thanks for the magloader link. I have a couple of the Lula pistol mag loaders - may as well add one more.

The way the Tavor shot, now I'm interested in an AR 9mm. It would be much lighter, and the sights would be closer to the bore.

Yes, I have an AR that uses those same mags so I have experience loading them . . . and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I own LULAs for just about every mag type that I own for which they're available and they're all great, but the one for the Colt 9mm mag is one of the best.

9mm AR-15s are fun, no doubt. I own two of them, one SBR and one rifle. But . . . I own some other 9mm guns that I find a LOT more enjoyable to shoot, and my 9mm ARs don't get much action anymore. In particular, I really like:

- CZ Scorpion. I have an SBR, but the pistol with a nice brace would be almost as good.
- Kriss Vector. Very cool, uses Glock mags, but is a bit pricey. Again, I have an SBR but a pistol with brace would be good too.
- And . . . I just bought a Micro RONI Stabilizer (https://usa.caagearup.com/micro-roni-17-stabilizer), and that's pretty fun too. Not quite a refined as the two above, but it sure is simple, the price is right, and you can drop an unmolested Glock right in there and be off and running.

I'd personally choose any of the above three over a 9mm AR, but I know this is all about what YOU think is cool, so your mileage may vary. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Yes, I have an AR that uses those same mags so I have experience loading them . . . and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I own LULAs for just about every mag type that I own for which they're available and they're all great, but the one for the Colt 9mm mag is one of the best.

9mm AR-15s are fun, no doubt. I own two of them, one SBR and one rifle. But . . . I own some other 9mm guns that I find a LOT more enjoyable to shoot, and my 9mm ARs don't get much action anymore. In particular, I really like:

- CZ Scorpion. I have an SBR, but the pistol with a nice brace would be almost as good.
- Kriss Vector. Very cool, uses Glock mags, but is a bit pricey. Again, I have an SBR but a pistol with brace would be good too.
- And . . . I just bought a Micro RONI Stabilizer (https://usa.caagearup.com/micro-roni-17-stabilizer), and that's pretty fun too. Not quite a refined as the two above, but it sure is simple, the price is right, and you can drop an unmolested Glock right in there and be off and running.

I'd personally choose any of the above three over a 9mm AR, but I know this is all about what YOU think is cool, so your mileage may vary. thumbsup

I shot a friend of mine's CZ Scorpion, SBR and suppressed. I didn't care for it much, and I wanted to like it being a CZ fan. I think the extra weight of the Tavor makes it a very pleasant shooter in 9mm. It's a lug - way heavier than any AR I have.

I've been drooling over a RONI for years, and appreciated your post on that. When I have some extra cash, that's on my list. With a red dot, seems like the perfect "get home gun" to keep in the car if SHTF. Plus just fun to shoot.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:49 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mmalleck wrote:
MadPick wrote:

I shot a friend of mine's CZ Scorpion, SBR and suppressed. I didn't care for it much, and I wanted to like it being a CZ fan. I think the extra weight of the Tavor makes it a very pleasant shooter in 9mm. It's a lug - way heavier than any AR I have.

I've been drooling over a RONI for years, and appreciated your post on that. When I have some extra cash, that's on my list. With a red dot, seems like the perfect "get home gun" to keep in the car if SHTF. Plus just fun to shoot.

On the subject of "get home guns" I feel like it's hard to beat the Glock 17 and Keltec Sub2k G17 combo. They share mags. They're both light and completely concealable in a small backpack. And the keltec gets you another 500fps velocity plus the lightweight, mag sharing, concealability that you need in a PCC get home gun. I like my PMR/CMR combo but the keltec/glock combo adds a level of lethality with the heavier bullet weights that 9mm offers.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would go KPOs over the Roni myself, more refined

An AR9 is fun to build. I have 2 pistol builds currently, 7 & 8 inches.

I really wish id have gone micro on one.

These are the 2 that got me interested in the AR9 platform.

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
mmalleck wrote:

The Beretta cx4 is nice, and shares mags with 92/m9 or px4, shooter's choice. I like mine with right hand eject and left handed charging handle. Easy break down to 2 pieces that fit in backpack or dry bag.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:56 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Those ALG ACT triggers just don't do it for me

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you want a good smooth trigger. I had a Gisselle SD3G and I could get it to seem like it was in burst mode by using the reset ride on pulls. The recoils so light on a 9mm you want something like the ACT.

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:17 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Ops wrote:
you want a good smooth trigger. I had a Gisselle SD3G and I could get it to seem like it was in burst mode by using the reset ride on pulls. The recoils so light on a 9mm you want something like the ACT.

I'd rather have something with a light pull and positive reset like a CMC flat 3.5lbs. Those are hard to beat on most any platform

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:21 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

sinus211 wrote:
Ops wrote:

I'd rather have something with a light pull and positive reset like a CMC flat 3.5lbs. Those are hard to beat on most any platform

NEMO Arms Omen M-210 comes with the CMC flat bow 3.5lb trigger. I’m just saying.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 499, 500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505 ... 878  Next