Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503, 504 ... 879  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered a Laser-Ammo LaserPET dry fire training target and also both a 9mm and 38 Special laser cartridge for dry fire practice. The target has a shot timer function that signals a start beep and provides an interval to first hit in one of the modes so you can measure par times for draw to first hit on target.

Also received Dryfire Reloaded by Ben Stoeger in the mail yesterday. Today resumed dryfire practice after a brief hiatus due to nasty chest cold. Very illuminating making the transition from slow fire trigger control to rapid fire trigger control. Slow fire trigger control for me is no problemo though when transitioning to rapid fire trigger control, especially one handed, am noticing some minor jerkiness.

One of the things learned today is with grip tension. In my two-handed grip, I'm keeping my dominant hand fairly loose for good trigger control while gripping quite tight with the weak hand (i.e. a crush grip). In one handed shooting I just go ahead and grip the hell out of the gun for extra control. That helps tamp down any sight movement with rapid fire trigger work.

Dry fire can be a bit tedious but very illuminating of small inaccuracies.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Geek, my buddy/RSO said those are a hoot indoors for rainy day practicing.
Congrats!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Awesome slo mo Steve! Both my sons (AR shooters) said WOW!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Congrats!

Thanks SD looking forward to using that as a tool to expand my dry fire practice regimen. These tools were a bit spendy but given the number of repetitions I can get in dry fire vs the cost of live ammo it winds up being a good bargain in the long run, especially as part of a training regimen/feedback loop of occasional professional training, semi-monthly live fire practice, and several times a week dry fire practice.

Congrats on the upcoming move to MT. We drove through Montana and Wyoming for the first time last June coming back from our road trip. That is God's country. Some of the highlights were Missoula and a little town called Ennis which looked super popular for fly fishing. That and the Wind River Range in Wyoming was just amazing outside the town of Pinedale. Look forward to going back in the Summer again and also want to head on a ski trip to Big Sky in next couple years.

Enjoy the new house and retirement :bigsmile:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Congrats!

Thanks SD looking forward to using that as a tool to expand my dry fire practice regimen. These tools were a bit spendy but given the number of repetitions I can get in dry fire vs the cost of live ammo it winds up being a good bargain in the long run, especially as part of a training regimen/feedback loop of occasional professional training, semi-monthly live fire practice, and several times a week dry fire practice.

Congrats on the upcoming move to MT. We drove through Montana and Wyoming for the first time last June coming back from our road trip. That is God's country. Some of the highlights were Missoula and a little town called Ennis which looked super popular for fly fishing. That and the Wind River Range in Wyoming was just amazing outside the town of Pinedale. Look forward to going back in the Summer again and also want to head on a ski trip to Big Sky in next couple years.

Enjoy the new house and retirement :bigsmile:

Very cool! We loved Ennis so much we bought a 30 acre ranch back in the 90's next to stepfather's place. This was my hunting grounds for many years.(1979 until children were born! Roughly stopped hunting there in 2005)
We were married in Ennis almost 28 years ago, on our property up above the Madison River on the Gravelly Mountain range.
Pictured is wife (in that following winter) showing off our property.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow small world. We just drove through Ennis on the way to Jackson Hole but was floored by the beauty and scenery of the place. Our drive on the 287 along the Madison River was one of the highlights of our road trip. We got a real kick out of the Ennis city limits sign:
Attachment:
ennismtcitylimitsign.jpg

The Madison River was beyond beautiful:
Attachment:
ennisrivers.jpg

Our other trip highlight was Pinedale, WY with the Wind River range in the background
Attachment:
pinedale-wyoming-fremont-lake-and-the-wind-rivers-940x400.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lost my AR virginity.

I've always been the wood furniture, piston type, but spending enough time with you guys, I finally caught "the bug". I started hitting sales and gathering quality parts, planning to put together 2 good AR's for ~$700. I only needed a few small upper parts and was about to order them when Trump got elected, dropping prices... It kinda went on hold...

Well, just befoe Christmas, I.went ahead and ordered up one of those PSA build kits to go with one of my lowers.

Assembled and tested this morning! Almost as much fun to shoot as it was to put together!!

Decent rifle, <$400.
Much happy!

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traded in a Glock 42 and ordered this little pretty from Federal Way Discount. Image

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up my repaired Luger today. Ready to shoot again!

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:36 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Passed on buying a 38/357 Rossi lever gun for "cheap" because I'm done buying cheap shit.

I didnt even ask how much....

I Need to sell my cheap shit gun(s)

Not get moar.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Not get moar.

:nicepif: :Init:

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WaJim wrote:
Passed on buying a 38/357 Rossi lever gun for "cheap" because I'm done buying cheap shit.

Not get moar.

Link to "cheap" lever gun??? :bigsmile:

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Not get moar.

Hey man those Rossi .357 are the bee's knees jack I don't care what you say!
They're also getting a little scarce in that caliber too.
You shoulda bought it if the price was right, just sayin.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up a Swiss K11.

Found out I need to do try and do some re-arranging of the safe with regards to shelf heights...the K11 is too tall to fit in there as it currently is setup.

Also got some 6.5x55 Swedish brass in the mail and some 129gr 6.5mm bullets, so hopefully I can see about doing some reloading for my Swedes.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:39 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

the_chadman wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Not get moar.

Hey man those Rossi .357 are the bee's knees jack I don't care what you say!
They're also getting a little scarce in that caliber too.
You shoulda bought it if the price was right, just sayin.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Its still there for the takin...what are they worth and are the Taurus ones worth a shit?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503, 504 ... 879  Next