Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:46 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 469, 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475 ... 879  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Spotted for a member here sighting in both a 300 WM and a 338 @ 200yd.

It took a bit....

May have to figure out some reason to drive over to his house in the AM,,,,,

I'm thinking i'm gonna need a Cup o sugar....or milk....or plunger.

Just so I can get the chance to poke his right shoulder,,,,,,in the front...... :runforthehills: .

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lol. My new .450BM 6lb wondergun gave me a bruise that lasted a week. I may be shopping for a more powerful brake.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:23 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

WaJim wrote:
Spotted for a member here sighting in both a 300 WM and a 338 @ 200yd.

It took a bit....

May have to figure out some reason to drive over to his house in the AM,,,,,

I'm thinking i'm gonna need a Cup o sugar....or milk....or plunger.

Just so I can get the chance to poke his right shoulder,,,,,,in the front...... :runforthehills: .

I think the target arrangement looked like boobies and that's what made the difference.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wrote my Congressman a letter regarding the anti-gun legislation being proposed....

Dear Congressman,
As you are probably aware there are several bills now pending before congress regarding firearms. These bills are being written and supported by leftists whose goal is outlawing all firearms. The tragedy in Las Vegas is just another springboard for them. They do this every time we have one of these rare events.
I don't wish to diminish the tragedy at all, but this is not how laws are supposed to be written. Law makers should think critically, honor their oath of office and consider all sides rationally. What we have hear is an emotional, knee-jerk reaction to an event that even Mrs. Gun Control herself, Diane Feinstein, admitted could not have been stopped with ANY law.
Please defend our Constitution with what ever means necessary, remember it is not the "bump stock" these people are after, it is ALL GUNS, and this is just another step.

Thanks for your time and your service to our community

Respectfully Yours,

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered two 5.56 uppers (one 20" complete - one 7.5" no bcg/ch) from Palmetto. $480 shipped to my door.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got a new 64gun safe. I started to load it up but noticed that carbine length rifles were to short to fit right in the rack so they will stay in the old safe until I make something to elevate them.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You're going to need a separate safe just for Pmags!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lionhrt wrote:
I got a new 64gun safe. I started to load it up but noticed that carbine length rifles were to short to fit right in the rack so they will stay in the old safe until I make something to elevate them.

Need this:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... +Solutions

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
You're going to need a separate safe just for Pmags!

After I load the last box of Pmags I got in there I will have to order more. The funny part is getting the safe wasn`t even my idea, I was shopping with the wife and we passed by some safes and Connie turned around and said that I should get a new safe because my old one was to small. You got to love an enabler

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Started another project, spent most of the weekend removing pits from steel, now I can't open my phone as I have not enough fingerprints left

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was Savage 99 day yesterday.
1981 99C Series A in .308
1940 99EG in .300
1913 22 HP that has a new life as a 250-3000
1913 22HP

The first two I've shot before, and both were again very accurate. I was testing FPS on some new loads and found the sweet spot for both the 308 and the 300 based on 10 Round Load Development Ladder Test which I am a firm believer in these days!

The 1940 EG in Savage 300 continues to amaze me with buckhorn site. At 50 yards, the first 2 shots were hole through hole and the 3rd about 1/2" MOA above them after the first fouling shot.

The 99C in .308 with the cheap Tasco scope was grouping deadly. So time to move on to the rifles I haven't reloaded for.

The 1913 22HP that is now a .250-300, professional restored at some point in its life, didn't fare so well for accuracy but the newer scope I put on it but I didn't have time to fiddle with the scope, I was there to chrono the Remington box ammo .250 with 100 gr projectiles so I could get some velocity readings and come close or below Remington velocities.
Chrono on the Remington .250 with 100 gr projectiles had a great std dev was as follows for an average:
AVG StdDev Min Max
2657 9.54 2647 2666

Put that one away for another day to figure out the accuracy with the scope.

Last up was the 1913 22 Hi Power using Lelliar & Bellot box ammo with 70 gr projectiles.
First shot I noticed I wasn't even on paper. The Marbles Tang peep is adjusted to it's lower point and still shooting too high.It was adjusted down to max. I need to get the original Lyman one a but they're kind of spendy right now on eBay.
So I flipped that marbles peep sight down and flipped up the standard buck rear sight. Much better, first shot at 50 yards was 2" right of center. Next shot was 6" right of center. WHAT THE HECK? I couldn't get any good accuracy with the 6 shots I fired but when I start reloading this round I hope to draw that group in.

All in all it was a fun day and I've got lots of box ammo data and 2 of my reloads ironed out for the 300 and 308 savages.

The star of the day was a non savage 1963 Ruger 44 Magnum Carbine. After adjust the Bushnell 1-4x Illuminated reticle scope using Heurters Box ammo in 240gr, I proceeded to use my loads with a 210 gr bullet. At 50 yards it was holes through holes. Can't wait to adjust this one out to 100 yards.
The Heurters box ammo had a high Standard deviation compared to my loads and averaged as such:
AVG StdDev Min Max
1502.22 52.81 1425 1595

My loads in 210 gr were as follows.
AVG StdDev Min Max
1451.6 26.64 1413 1485

That's all! Fun day!

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought some AR mags.

Loaded some AR mags.

Played with some AKs.

Cleaned some rifles.

Shopped for R700 stuff.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:37 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Considered selling off my NIB SAS 12ga for a loss because it's packed in cosmoline. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!!!!

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

built my first PCC AR15 was pretty easy

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

drafted a petition to send to our Senators in DC regarding the slew of anti-gun legislation being proposed.....I had room for 28 signatures....I got that many and more in one visit to my local Eagles Club.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 469, 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475 ... 879  Next