Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442 ... 880  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Made it down to Renton Fish and Game for the first time to participate with the ASI match and while I was there received a call from LGS informing me my Henry .357 Golden Boy was available for pick up! thumbsup

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Talked AKs with dad. Starting at the new job tomorrow, so I have a small financial plan with room for squirreled away funds in case of emergency and so on as well as planning out the next few shooters.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:29 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Shot ASI with my glock 32c and 14.5" carbine ar15. Prognosis: I need more practice with my glock and my ar muzzle brake is a little too effective for indoor shooting.

P. Sorry to everyone that was standing next to me during the carbine courses, especially stage 2. Your ears should stop ringing soon.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made to the range to do some shooting today for the first time in months. I took along a handful of handguns I hadn't ever shot.

I'm not sure what was up, but I didn't enjoy it all. Ended up packing up and heading home.

I also got a nice burn on my right temple. I picked up a new Sig P229 Extreme back in January and hadn't ever shot it. I'm not sure what it's deal is, but it barely ejects the rounds at all, and just kind of barelytosses them back at me. One of them went right between the brim of my baseball cap and safety glasses and got stuck right against my temple. Also got a couple burns on the crook of my right arm where they were just landing on my arm. Tried three different types of ammo and all had the same behavior (including federal HST +P which I was hoping might have a little more energetic ejection).

Pretty disappointed in it, as it is the most expensive handgun I have ever purchased and had high hopes for it. I brought along a surplus 226 MK25 and a surplus 228 that I picked up and hadn't ever shot, both worked great.

I also brought along a surplus CZ 75 D compact I picked up a few weeks ago, turns out it won't chamber a round. I'm assuming the recoil spring needs to be replaced.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spent a couple hours tinkering with my 1911 parts and junk frame....... I made it work...... but still needs more finesse. From parts bin to full firearm. :woohoo:

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

moktor wrote:
I made to the range to do some shooting today for the first time in months. I took along a handful of handguns I hadn't ever shot.

I'm not sure what was up, but I didn't enjoy it all. Ended up packing up and heading home.

I also got a nice burn on my right temple. I picked up a new Sig P229 Extreme back in January and hadn't ever shot it. I'm not sure what it's deal is, but it barely ejects the rounds at all, and just kind of barelytosses them back at me. One of them went right between the brim of my baseball cap and safety glasses and got stuck right against my temple. Also got a couple burns on the crook of my right arm where they were just landing on my arm. Tried three different types of ammo and all had the same behavior (including federal HST +P which I was hoping might have a little more energetic ejection).

Pretty disappointed in it, as it is the most expensive handgun I have ever purchased and had high hopes for it. I brought along a surplus 226 MK25 and a surplus 228 that I picked up and hadn't ever shot, both worked great.

I also brought along a surplus CZ 75 D compact I picked up a few weeks ago, turns out it won't chamber a round. I'm assuming the recoil spring needs to be replaced.

Call Sig, and send it in.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

moktor wrote:

Bummer!

I was out Saturday, and it was a mixed trip too. I'm about done with 10/22 banana mags. Both of the ones I brought went TU. Those ribbon springs just don't have enough power to push the next round. I keep hearing about "premium" 10/22 mags but have yet to get my hands on one. The BX-25s are no better than the Champions and Butler Creeks of the world, at least with my rifle.

9 year old got her first trigger time on an AR. Shot my 100 year old .38 and it does impact a bit left but all and all pretty terrific for a WWI era gun. New-to-me .30-30 shot great.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
Bummer!

I was out Saturday, and it was a mixed trip too. I'm about done with 10/22 banana mags. Both of the ones I brought went TU. Those ribbon springs just don't have enough power to push the next round. I keep hearing about "premium" 10/22 mags but have yet to get my hands on one. The BX-25s are no better than the Champions and Butler Creeks of the world, at least with my rifle.

9 year old got her first trigger time on an AR. Shot my 100 year old .38 and it does impact a bit left but all and all pretty terrific for a WWI era gun. New-to-me .30-30 shot great.

Sorry to hear about the 10/22 magazine issues...definitely been there myself. Just got back from squirrel hunting and had issues with every 25 round magazine I had (with the exception of one)...Butler Creek, Ruger BX-25s, Champions...all had issues.

On one of the Butler Creeks, the second time I loaded it up it apparently decided that the follower should no longer go all the way to the top, so now it has 10 rounds or so loaded at all times because they never get pushed up to fire.

The only 25 round magazine I have never had any issues with at all in the past 4 years is this one:
http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25trade-ad ... p-532.html

I'm not sure if it is a fluke, or just a testament to the quality. I keep meaning to order another one or two of them, but they are just so expensive compared to the other options.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mozambique drills. Glock 19, G19c, and a G32c.

SBR shots at gongs (and hitting consitently, too!)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Took my wife and her friend (who needs to qualify for DOC next month) out to shoot an AR and two pistols. The friend was much improved by the time we left and my wife got to shoot my newest pistol for the first time.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
moktor wrote:

Bummer!

Get the GSG Drum, works GREAT!

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... rom=Search

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chasehooks wrote:
Took my wife and her friend (who needs to qualify for DOC next month) out to shoot an AR and two pistols. The friend was much improved by the time we left and my wife got to shoot my newest pistol for the first time.

Did they not have a pulse? Or couldn't fog a mirror?

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Picked up a Savage 111 in .270 Winchester for a sweet price.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up a brand new Stainless Colt Cobra 6 shooter at Skagit Arms. In and out the door in under 20 minutes. She's a snuggly snake that suits appendix carry very well. Oiled her up and stuck her in a Remora holster. Good 2 Go. I foresee it being carried for many years to come.

Divided we fall.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Picked up a brand new Stainless Colt Cobra 6 shooter at Skagit Arms. In and out the door in under 20 minutes. She's a snuggly snake that suits appendix carry very well. Oiled her up and stuck her in a Remora holster. Good 2 Go. I foresee it being carried for many years to come.

So what's the build quality like?

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442 ... 880  Next