Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:39 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493 ... 879  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow Steve, you actually cleaned a gun? :ROFLMAO: Damnit, i may have to do that myself sometime. :facepalm2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:32 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

usrifle wrote:
Wow Steve, you actually cleaned a gun? :ROFLMAO: Damnit, i may have to do that myself sometime. :facepalm2:

Well, my gf had left her guns on my cleaning table long enough ("Yeah, I'll do it tomorrow...") that I had to clean them in order to make some space. :cussing:

And while I was at it, I hit the sights on both LCP II's with some white fingernail polish.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One thing I never understood:

Why don`t people clean their CC gun? Seriously, what advantage over simple human laziness does it offer? You carry it in you pocket at all times, it`s your final line of defense against the great beyond and it`s not in top condition?

Just something I never really got.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

My carry guns always get cleaned. It's the others that, ah, percolate for a bit.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just the LCP reminded me of how often I`ve seen common CC guns given a liberal coating of pocket lint and hair. Not intending to single you out, Steve.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Painted one of my mags to match the handguards today. I think I`m finally happy, at least with the rifle. These third world walls need a repaint too.

Now the only remaining question:
What can Green do for you?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fjordforder wrote:
One thing I never understood:

Why don`t people clean their CC gun? Seriously, what advantage over simple human laziness does it offer? You carry it in you pocket at all times, it`s your final line of defense against the great beyond and it`s not in top condition?

Just something I never really got.

Personally, i never carry a CCP in my Pocket, they are always in proper Holsters.

I am getting lazy though, i just looked at one of my Carry 1911's....and my Carry PC Shield and i am embarrassed.

:facepalm2:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last year at the New Years shoot someone (name withheld to save shame but it wasn't me) pulled out his carry gun (a Taurus of some ilk) stating that it was time to cycle the ammo through it.
First round goes off and from every nook and cranny exploded a cloud of dust large enough to make bystanders sneeze...

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
Last year at the New Years shoot someone (name withheld to save shame but it wasn't me) pulled out his carry gun (a Taurus of some ilk) stating that it was time to cycle the ammo through it.
First round goes off and from every nook and cranny exploded a cloud of dust large enough to make bystanders sneeze...

:rofl9:

Thank Goodness it wasn't me. :thumbsup2: Taurus was the giveaway.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

And while I was at it, I hit the fingers with some white fingernail polish.

That sounds more like it

I should clean mine though dry and dirty like my women I say

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A bit late to count as "Today" but it`s not Midnight yet so it counts.

I went for a walk.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fjordforder wrote:
Just the LCP reminded me of how often I`ve seen common CC guns given a liberal coating of pocket lint and hair. Not intending to single you out, Steve.

Eh? What about it? If you're talking about the discoloration on the slides, that's because I hit them with some Gunscrubber to remove the oils in order to put the fingernail polish on. After that was done, both of them got a coating of Gunzilla CLP and were back in primo condition.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That`s a Negative. I`m saying the LCP itself reminded me of how often I see CC guns left in a state of disrepair. not your cleaning one, not the person carrying it, just that it`s a common CC piece.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fjordforder wrote:
A bit late to count as "Today" but it`s not Midnight yet so it counts.

I went for a walk.

I dated a gal whose father showed up at the end of their quarter mile farm driveway that looked just like your photo.

I dropped her off late and never did again after he gave me the low down! (He was carrying a Garand though...)

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hah! Pic`s become somewhat popular among some friends. As for what I did today, I repainted the buttstock on my precious, sweet, dear-to-my-heart AKS74 to match the rest of the rifle and rewrapped it with green paracord to match the other green parts. Not the prettiest paracord wrap I`ve done but it`s holding so whatever. I almost caught myself thinking "I`m happy and satisfied." Can`t have that.

Can`t have that at all...

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493 ... 879  Next