Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:35 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452 ... 881  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I won an auction for an NOS barrel for Remington Rolling Block in .45-70. A few more parts and I will be able to assemble my Rolling Block

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First got the Win88 all sighted in - actually it was dead on so just verified zero.

Got the kids lined up for a game of clays. First youngest gets to shoot when he missed the next kid takes a shot followed by sister. When they all miss daddy takes the long shot. One clay versus four shooters. I only got 6 shots and missed one at about 60 yds.

Kids are getting pretty good.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

picked up some crap today

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

it got an erection

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Well had a surprise delivery! Not that Im complaining since its a signature required and having to hold at location, drive there after work, blah blah sucks.

But got the "big brother" to the Rasheed....the Egyptian Hakim. Kind of the reverse condition wise than the rasheed but still in pretty dang good condition. The stock is amazing for an old rifle. The metal parts...show wear. (the rasheed on the other hand had great metal but a worn stock)

On another note both were bought on gunbroker and both were opposite experiences. The Rasheed i won the auction, paid with credit card, emailed my FFL-03 all within 20 minutes of winning. 10 minutes later I had a tracking number from the seller. Item arrived packaged awesomely (he used a gun case in card board, the guncase had some damage previously to the latches which is hwy im sure he used it).

The Hakim on the other hand. Messaged the guy before buying since he only took certified check and USPS money orders. He was fast to answer, great to work with, confirmed all the info, ect. Got the check and my FFL-03 in the mail the next day and thankfully got tracking. Was delivered three days later. A week went by with not hearing from him so I sent him another message....nothing. 3 more days go by...nothing. Another 3 days and again nothing. Finally after three more days sent a message saying if i didnt hear back Ill be contacting gunbroker and my bank to cancel the payment. 10 minutes later he messages me back finally saying he got my stuff and would ship that same day. Few hours later i got the tracking info. Rifle just got here today and is missing a piece (front barrel band screw) which wasnt mentioned in the ad. Thankfully its a cheap part so I just ordered one rather than dealing with him.

Just kind of interesting how different my first two gunbroker purchases were.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I got intensely jealous when someone posted a beautiful picture of a Rasheed and a Hakim.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Replaced the trigger in a 1989 Sig P226 West German. Who the hell would put a MIM part in an old German gun? Lucky I had a spare machined trigger lying about.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:32 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Considered selling off most of my collection. Laughed. Shook my head. Browsed slickguns and ordered 2k 5.56 for $515 shipped.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unboxed 4000 rounds of 5.56 for the rebate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a box in the mail from MidwayUSA on Thursday. Ordered some new MTM ammo cases.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/136346/mtm-deluxe-flip-top-ammo-box-with-handle-22-250-remington-243-winchester-308-winchester-50-round-plastic

These replace my old cases with the fixed, hard plastic hinge where the case top never completely flips up and you have to fight the lid to get at the rounds.

Pretty sweet, the case swings all the way wide open allowing easy access to rounds. One less thing to worry about when the relay clock is ticking down. A bit expensive but I only need between 100 and 200 rounds of storage depending on the caliber so it works really well.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Considered selling off most of my collection. Laughed. Shook my head. Browsed slickguns and ordered 2k 5.56 for $515 shipped.

atta boy :AR15firing: :AR15firing: :AR15firing: :AR15firing: :AR15firing:

Divided we fall.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had the 185 yard range all to my wife and myself at UNSC. Beautiful day at the range.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I spent some time on my projects which include:

The 10/22 LTR
modifying a Marlin model 60 stock by adding a higher comb, a pistol grip and a custom checkered aluminum butt plate
Building a coffin gun display case

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got suckered by a recent email from Midway advertising all Magpul products on sale. So I splurged a little bit.

Today, the kids fell asleep quickly and my wife went to bed early. So daddy got to play AR15 dress up.

My Colt 6720 lightweight now wears an M-Lok hand guard, MIAD grip, and STR stock in stealth grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:26 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Got a deal at Pintos. Bought a 10/22 with a scope for $160. This item is a 1985 mfg year and it seems that I've taken a liking to Rugers made in the mid 80's. In the past year I've acquired three Rugers made in the mid 80's without purpose to to do so.

This 10/22 had some "stuff" on the barrel that was scraping off with fingernail pressure. I brought it home and cleaned it off with Kroil and 0000 steel wool.

Before and After

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452 ... 881  Next