Switch to full style
Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

New Izmash Saiga 9mm Rifles

Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:36 pm

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2012 ... 9-carbine/

Re: New Izmash Saiga 9mm Rifles

Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:42 pm

looks interesting but one drawback.....doesnt look to use glock mags :angryfire:

could be fun..under 5 bills like the zastava m92?? keeping the short barrel and folding stock?? just might be interested

Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:59 pm

No thanks.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:08 pm

bhpdrew wrote:No thanks.

nobody asked you mr grumpy :cussing:

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:12 pm

It will be released as a carbine with a 16" barrel. Needed to use Glock mags to be worth a shit. It will likely have proprietary mags.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:15 pm

True, but cheaper option than a 9mm ar

"Sent from under your bed"

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:18 pm

well that sounds like it will be right next to worthless then or at least no real improvement over any other carbine out there...bummer

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:22 pm

spikedzombies wrote:True, but cheaper option than a 9mm ar

"Sent from under your bed"

Have you seen the Just Right Carbines? Couple different calibers and uses Glock mags.

http://www.slickguns.com/product/jrc-9m ... 39-shipped

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:38 pm

seen them and fondled them a bit. Dont remember but i dont think they break down like an ar. If your gonna make ar like guns then i think they should break down like an ar for cleaning and parts

+5 for glock mags compatibility

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:55 pm

I want an SBR of those either way...

Would be nice if took glock or even MP5 mags but fuck it. I want it.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:26 pm

TacticalAssault wrote:It will be released as a carbine with a 16" barrel. Needed to use Glock mags to be worth a shit. It will likely have proprietary mags.

This is why. No thanks.
I'm not grumpy. I just don't see the point of YET ANOTHER 9mm carbine which take proprietary magazines and doesn't add a damn thing to the plethora of other pistol caliber carbines already on the market. It's akin to all the pocket .380's that were/are a copy of the Kel-Tec P3AT.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:58 pm

What would be great is if they could import it with an MP5 magwell. The Vityaz and MP5 mags are almost the same, but use different lockup mechanisms.

Legion USA (aka Arsenal) has already said that the Saiga-9 is not an approved import, so it won't be coming to the US any time soon.

bhpdrew wrote:I just don't see the point of YET ANOTHER 9mm carbine which take proprietary magazines and doesn't add a damn thing to the plethora of other pistol caliber carbines already on the market. It's akin to all the pocket .380's that were/are a copy of the Kel-Tec P3AT.

people who like AKs and have a 9mm would buy it.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:28 am

i'd rather just get a mech tech upper.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:40 am

That's cool... But I'll stick to my high point carbine.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:40 am

Check out the TNW ASR: http://tnwfirearms.com/asr-aero-survival-rifle.html
Post a reply