Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 69  Next
 Garand Propaganda 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More from the Range Bloke, a Limey who knows Garands.
http://www.guns.com/2017/01/27/mythbusting-commonly-held-tropes-of-loading-the-m1-garand-videos/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=588b39c704d3014f40e7cd57&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert Heinlein

Resistance to tyranny is always justified.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert Heinlein

Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Korean War memorial, DC.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

called in sick to work............

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICQHGeMd3bc

Hickok 45 on the Garand, Aug 2010.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

November 2016 American Rifleman article.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Quote from a WWII Marine:

"If your ever in a jam, grab an M1 Gar-and, it wont"

Thanks Pops

After 911, I knew it was time to arm up. The first one I got was a 1944 SA. It was shot out, broken, and in ill repair. It all better now

<---- Mr Odd Six says, she is not just a pretty face

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wood cleaning, from CMP.

http://thecmp.org/training-tech/armorers-corner/wood-cleaning-article/

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Garand found near Wildcat Bowl on Peleliu, 2 days ago, 27 March 17. Finder speculated rifle was from 321st Infantry.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/04/07/breaking-cmp-receive-86000-m1-garands-philippines/

Good news for fans of the M1 Garand. The Civilian Marksmanship Program is expected to receive 86,000 of these surplus WWII rifles from the government of the Philippines.

This is according to Gina Johnson, General Manager of the CMP South operations in Alabama.

Johnson provided the information late on Friday, April 7, in response to a discussion at The M1 Garand Enthusiasts Group public Facebook page.

“…(the) CMP will be receiving the rifles once the Phillipines prepares them for shipment. CMP reimburses the Army transportation costs of getting these rifles back as they have with every other shipment sent to us. We do not know when these rifles will be shipped back, but they have been approved…” Johnson said in a post to that group.

These rifles were provided to the Philippines government through the Military Assistance Program, or a similar program, as military aid. This type of program essentially replaced the WWII-era “Lend Lease” program and supplied arms and aid to U.S. allies across the world. Since these rifles were loaned, not purchased outright, they are eligible for return to the U.S. Army and then the CMP.

While there is no report on the condition of these specific rifles, the return of any M1 Garand to the U.S. through distribution by the CMP is good news.

The CMP’s mission to promote firearms safety and marksmanship training, with an emphasis on youth activities, is funded through the sale of firearms to qualified U.S. citizens. For more information on how to qualify to purchase a CMP firearm read the CMP’s Eligibility Requirements.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why aren't any of you Garand shooters coming to our CMP Garand matches on the 1st sunday of each month?
Black Diamond Gun Club. $10 fee. No membership required.
Next month there will be no Garand match due to a PITA shoot but we resume again in July.

http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/ca ... nifr=false

Mon May 08, 2017 7:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had no idea that BDGC was doing that. I might come check it out in july!

Mon May 08, 2017 8:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent duke!
For the record, they open this shoot up to any military weapon, iron sights.
So, you don't necessarily have to have a garand. For example I am using a Trapdoor!
Another fellow last month had a K98.

Mon May 08, 2017 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 69  Next