Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1036 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
 Garand Propaganda 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done treatment on how not to acquire Garand thumb while loading... not that that is easy to do.
At least this blogger does not advocate the useless hand blade method.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/WKkLaBsDmUXw/

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert Heinlein

Resistance to tyranny is always justified.

Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice, that was a good video. Maybe I'll have the balls to try it sometime. :ROFLMAO:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Nice, that was a good video. Maybe I'll have the balls to try it sometime. :ROFLMAO:

I take no responsibility for you acquiring Garand gonad.

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert Heinlein

Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Garand bibliography, National Park Service

https://www.nps.gov/spar/learn/historyculture/john-c-garand.htm

Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chicken winging.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/f39lyUBbprU?feature=share

Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WW2 photo.

Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1942. Check out the portable AM radio on the radiator.

Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CMP now has new commercial 30-06 ammo available. 167 gr, FMJBT HP
match ammo. Bullets and brass made by Lapua of Finland. $197/100 rounds.

https://shop.thecmp.org/product/Ammo/4C3006CS167-100

Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:44 pm

Well Lapua is great brass, will be great for reloaders.

Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQrtzSdVDo

Garand bump fire.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:16 pm

corpsman wrote:

My deceased friend PCR-00 was known for doing this. He could bump fire anything!

Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some observations. Comments encouraged.

Seems the cost of 30-06 milsurp and 7.62 NATO ammo is now at about the same per round.
30-06 has gone down about 10% and .308 147 gr FMJ is up about 20% over the last year. I
have put my conversion to .308 project on hold as I consider 30-06 to be a bit better than
comparable load .308.

M1 Garand enbloc clips are (for now) again readily available and appear to have settled at $4
to $5 each. AmmoGarand has 10 clips of new manufacture on sale at $50 for 10. Even so,
at those prices the Garand clip is a better deal than M14 20 round mags. 10 clips loads 80
rounds while four 20 round M14 mags runs about $100 to $120.
Was surprised that clips are now broken down into manufacturers make, availability and age
for collecting with what I feel are ridiculous prices.

Garand prices are way up compared to 4 years ago. Recently had an insurance evaluation done
on my Clint Fowler custom. Came back at $3600!! Standard rifle is at $1300 and up. CMP has
expert grade rifles for $1150, Inflation has been that much? Supply has diminished that much?
I admit that I am influenced by prices gone by. My first Garand cost my grandpa $135 in 1965.

I have a M1903 Springfield made in 1916. Grandpa "lost" it and paid the Marine Corps $18 for it
in 1919. Same rifle is priced a bit less than a standard Garand. I wonder if the value is affected
by combat service in France, 1917-1918. Since he died 41 years ago I doubt I can supply
supporting documents.

None of the mentioned particular rifles are for sale so long as I still breathe.

Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CMP is now offering two versions of the Garand in 7.62x51 NATO.

https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/m1-garand/#7.62NATOM1Garand

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Will you allow some love for Sons-of-Garand?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suppose, however, the real son of the Garand is the Italian BM59, which is a Garand
modified to accept a proprietary 20 round mag and is in 7.62x51 NATO.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 1036 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next