Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Proposed Sadie Creek Shooting Range 

Looks like Clallam County is thinking about creating a new range on 80 acres out of the 320 acres available. It would be nice if to get some input on its development so that its more than just a 200yrd range. If we could pitch them the idea of a 500-1000yrd range what are the odds PRS type match's would be held there? Basically think of arguments that are going to bring in "gun tourism" to generate money for the county and surrounding area.

https://www.clallamcountywa.gov/592/Proposed-Sadie-Creek-Shooting-Range

Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hard time trying to figure out where.

North of Lake Cresent
West of Port Angeles

Way up by Straight of Juan de Fuca

That’s way out there for any and most of us. Even folks in Bremerton or Port Townsend. Let alone Seattle or Tacoma.

Wow that’s way out there.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:22 am

oldkim wrote:
Hard time trying to figure out where.

North of Lake Cresent
West of Port Angeles

Way up by Straight of Juan de Fuca

That’s way out there for any and most of us. Even folks in Bremerton or Port Townsend. Let alone Seattle or Tacoma.

Wow that’s way out there.

It takes me about 3-3.5hrs including the ferry ride to get to PA and that location is another 40 minutes out. So yes if you were trying to do it all in one day it would be too much. But as a weekend or long weekend trip it would be wonderful. Hopefully this screen shot helps with location.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Population of Clallam County is around 90,000 these days. Pleany of locals to use a proper range that is set up for up to 1000 yards. Time to aggravate your local powers that be to get it done right the first time.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Honestly, 600 is fine

Unless you are hosting a 1,000 meter range competition.

Have you ever driven down a 1,000 meter range?
FYI : targets are typically 6’ x 6’

Or 72” x 72”

Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]