Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Illegal Immigrants can Own Guns 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Article doesn't say if he was carrying concealed or how LE found out he was in possession of a firearm...

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/illega ... Vtdw%3D%3D

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not a precedential decision yet.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:28 am

The problem is they are illegal immigrants, not that they own guns. Would we also strip illegals of due process, apply cruel and unusual punishment, arbitrarily deprive them of property, etc?

Some people might want to but I think the solution is to fix immigration and deport them, not throw out the Bill of Rights.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkhnm wrote:
The problem is they are illegal immigrants, not that they own guns. Would we also strip illegals of due process, apply cruel and unusual punishment, arbitrarily deprive them of property, etc?

Some people might want to but I think the solution is to fix immigration and deport them, not throw out the Bill of Rights.

:yes: :plusone:

Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
hkhnm wrote:

Not to throw a wrench into your concept, but, the Bill Of Rights you referenced was written for, and applies to, Citizens of the United States..

They arrive avoiding “due process” at the border, and then you want to give them the Rights of Citizenship?

That’s even more than an open border proponent…

Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I watched a video on YouTube. The presenter quoted the judge as saying that (recalling from my bad memory) he wasn't committing a crime (etc) while carrying the firearm.

I read this as it could set a precedent. Someone carrying a firearm that may be "quasi" legal but get searched while not commiting a crime might actually avoid a charges/conviction because of this ruling.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
hkhnm wrote:

Not to throw a wrench into your concept, but, the Bill Of Rights you referenced was written for, and applies to, Citizens of the United States..

They arrive avoiding “due process” at the border, and then you want to give them the Rights of Citizenship?

The rights recognized in the Bill of Rights are natural rights; they're not reserved to only certain classes.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
hkhnm wrote:

The rights recognized in the Bill of Rights are natural rights; they're not reserved to only certain classes.

No one said anything about “classes”.

The Bill of Rights literally says that it explicitly guarantees certain rights and protections to US citizens by limiting the power of the federal government.

I didn’t write it, and how you “feel” doesn’t change what it actually says.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
The Bill of Rights literally says that it explicitly guarantees certain rights and protections to US citizens by limiting the power of the federal government.

I'm going to need a citation for that.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

I misspoke (bad editing)

I shouldn’t have said literally, I typed that first, but meant to say explicitly, as you see later on in the sentence.

It was a lazy way of trying to remember some of what I read awhile ago, here:

https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/ ... -of-rights

Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys are confusing me.

We citizens have to jump through hoops to own guns, and we’re tracked on what we own, buy, or sell.

If we commit crimes that are felonies, we lose that right.

But, for some reason, you think it should be okay for criminals from other countries to come here and own a weapon, unchecked?

Isn’t that the problem we already have, too many criminals with guns, and too many roadblocks for good citizens to protect themselves?

Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

I misspoke (bad editing)

I shouldn’t have said literally, I typed that first, but meant to say explicitly, as you see later on in the sentence.

It was a lazy way of trying to remember some of what I read awhile ago, here:

https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/ ... -of-rights

That's the author's interpretation, but the plain text of the first 10 amendments to the Constitution say nothing about citizenship status. The rights belong to all people in the United States, because they are natural rights.

Going back to the original comment that started all this: the issue isn't that illegal aliens have guns, or the natural right to protect themselves the same as you and I. The issue is that our government is not upholding its duty to protect our borders and our sovereignty by maintaining the rule of law as it pertains to immigration. We should not be arguing the point of whether illegals here have guns. The point is that they shouldn't be here in the first place.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
You guys are confusing me.

We citizens have to jump through hoops to own guns, and we’re tracked on what we own, buy, or sell.

If we commit crimes that are felonies, we lose that right.

But, for some reason, you think it should be okay for criminals from other countries to come here and own a weapon, unchecked?

Isn’t that the problem we already have, too many criminals with guns, and too many roadblocks for good citizens to protect themselves?

This is a straw man argument. Nobody here has said it's OK for criminals to come here illegally and continue to be criminals.

And you're missing the broader point. Instead of lending credence to the notion that the government can curtail the exercise of a person's natural right to possess weapons for self-defense - a clear violation of 2A - we should be seeing the opportunity with this ruling to roll back those infringements that we're already forced to live under.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good, every man, woman and child should be armed. And why should i be scared of them having guns? I'm armed too.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next