Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:53 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 A look back and maybe forward 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The firearms industry and sport has taken a beating over the last 20 years and especially over the last 3-5 years.

A recap (not all inclusive).

We used to be able as law abiding citizens of the US and specifically residents of Washington State…

Be able to privately transfer private firearms to another resident. (Only family now)

Be able to own certain semi auto rifles aka AR/AK and the likes.

Be able to own magazines holding more than 11 rounds for our firearms.

Be able to make our firearm. 80% aka ghost receivers etc. even 3D printing is illegal now.

Be able to ship in ammo from international surplus ammo places. Think Norinco

There are more I am missing but those are the top of my head. I’m sure someone will add.

One of the last vestiges I can think of is reloading.

One can still mail order and have it shipped directly the equipment and reloading items without going via FFL or some other means of tracking per se.

One can still buy with cash and not hit any ID issues where one is tracked for purchases. One can privately buy and sell.

In recent years reloading hit a supply issue. Not enough supply for the demand. I’m sure in the future it will be regulated by some sort of control.

Please note this is coming from a non reloader.

Just something to think about. Commercially they have been pushing for serialized ammo. ID for ammo for tracking of quantities and frequency of purchase. Limiting sales via FFL even for online purchases. Maybe not officially made illegal but some online retailers are following this rule “not law” and enforcing it.

The bottom line is that we are under constant fear of losing our basic Constitutional rights (2nd Amendment). Not only in Washington but many other states. And other states are worse. Washington is ranked about 37th for Freedom per those that track it.

How sad it says for the United States and Washington State.

I wasn’t born here, naturalized when I was 18 and joined the US Army to give back and serve my Country.

It’s sad to of seen the once proud USA compared in my lifetime and especially within the last 5 years.

So forward.
Be proud of what you have now. What I mean is within the current laws. Do what you can.

Because “they” are actively after us. I still won’t reload but for anyone else. Maybe consider and look into it before it too becomes not a choice and banned by “law”

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My dad passed away last year at 82. He led a very full life. He told my sister that he feels sorry that we have to live in what the world has become.

Shame what this world has become let alone the USA. The whole world is in its Roman Empire is falling stage.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:02 pm

The problem with reloading is most people are getting priced out. I've only been doing it 4-5years now and primers have gone from 32per k, to $100. Powder was $25 a pound now were pushing 50-$60.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:54 pm

Still worth it though, and I personally still save doing it.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:

I agree, especially for large rifle rounds or those unique hard to find calibers.

Prime example - 7.62x54R
$0.65 per round and that’s the cheap steel cased.

Granted brass casing would be spendy but no one typically counts the cost of brass every time. lol

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:

7mm Weatherby magnum is very much cost effective to reload.

Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
ViniVidivici wrote:

7mm Weatherby magnum is very much cost effective to reload.

I'll see your 7mm and raise you 30-378 wby mag

Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:40 pm

And having found a shitload of brass at shooting sites over the last 2-3 years....THERE'S GOLD IN THEM THAR HILLS!

Once up on Huckleberry Ridge, Cleatus the Slack Jawed Yokel, his wife Jabba the Butt, and their mutant kids were in the pit shooting with me. I said "don't worry, I'll pick all that up for ya".

We were both happy.

Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
And having found a shitload of brass at shooting sites over the last 2-3 years....THERE'S GOLD IN THEM THAR HILLS!

Once up on Huckleberry Ridge, Cleatus the Slack Jawed Yokel, his wife Jabba the Butt, and their mutant kids were in the pit shooting with me. I said "don't worry, I'll pick all that up for ya".

We were both happy.

I agree! I could easily pick up 200-300 pieces of .223 brass, every time I go out, about the same for 9mm. All without trying to dig out the ones buried in the gravel. I once picked up close to 1000 pieces of 45acp!

Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]